View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 74 of 419 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124174 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Got a Pedders 28 point suspension and brake check (only $14) - all good, signs of slight cracking in rear trailing arm bush, but nothing to worry about
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Utter fail today tryna take out the RHS drive shaft..... Took out the Fork bolt, tried taking out the Lower control arm ball joint... the thing wouldnt move, bashed the crap outta it....gave up... moved onto the next thing, taking off the disc an hub, tried taking off the disc but two little philps head were stuck in firm bolts are too stuck on, or siezed... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................

Will try again another day
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Utter fail today tryna take out the RHS drive shaft..... Took out the Fork bolt, tried taking out the Lower control arm ball joint... the thing wouldnt move, bashed the crap outta it....gave up... moved onto the next thing, taking off the disc an hub, tried taking off the disc but two little philps head were stuck in firm bolts are too stuck on, or siezed... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................

Will try again another day
    the lower control arm needs to be bashed harder. it will budge eventually.....and as for the hub bolts a sharp tool (thick too...not sure what its called) and hit the outside of the bolt on a angle anti clockwise with a hammer.

that should budge it. sorry hard to explain LOL
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    far seems were not trying hard enough lol..... shiiit... looking at the tutorial, it seems easily! only got upto step 8

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=382416
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle
    use impact driver for rotor screws. proper tool for the job.

"has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    i really dont want to rent a air compressor an tools for what seems like a simple job lol... But if worse comes to worse, yea i guess will have to...

Any one know how much a ball joint puller is? Or has one to borrow? using the hammer is annoying, cause i cant get a solid hit lying on the floor as opposed to the hoist
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle
    it's nice to invest in some of these tools, makes life a lot easier.

you can grab the ball joint breaker tool for around $20 or $30.
    "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    True that.. but im always broke lol
    oh ok, cool, thanks... will grab one 2morrw hopefully
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    call me lazy/stupid but this is exactly why I took mine to Honda for the CV boot

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I go to a drive shaft shop as its cheaper for a new shaft with two boots than it is for one boot installed lol

think its 160 a side installed now per shaft, theyre on your side of town Josh and only do weekdays

Im replacing every bush as we speak and planning my next NSW trip
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Got a Pedders 28 point suspension and brake check (only $14) - all good, signs of slight cracking in rear trailing arm bush, but nothing to worry about
    easy 4hr fix
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 99

tried to checked my rear brake (hand brakes)

I lifted my EKs rear and loosen the wheel... Took the brake caliper off one side and only to find out that there's two screws on my way to the brake shoe.. Argh!

I need an impact screw driver

hey bummy, is the impact screwdriver on your pic any good? where did you buy it? i'm deciding over an SP tools or a $16 ebay one.

Quote Originally Posted by bummy View Post
    use impact driver for rotor screws. proper tool for the job.