View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 356 of 419 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366406 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,272 of 5018
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    How much did you get it for and where?
    According to Honda in Wollongong (don't know if anyone else can confirm), but parts are no longer available for the EK4/EM1 rsb except the self-locking nuts, everything else came up on the computer as no longer available when searching the Australian parts database. And the US prices on this site are up to 5 times cheaper, compared to what Honda would charge you, if they could get the parts.

For example, Honda gave me a trade price of $153 EACH for the end links (normal retail is $276), while on this site they are less than $50 each. Massive difference.

For complete rsb setup, including the bar it was $AU220. With delivery to Australia it's a total cost of about $300 delivered to my door. And it's all OEM/ brand new, not 15 years old.

I set up a US shipping address at MyUS.com, which cost a one-off fee of $10.

Hopefully it should give my car a closer to neutral setup combined with the 22mm fsb...

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/parts...rear-lower-arm
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Lmzo. A sway bar has not much difference in integrity used vs new. The endlinks/bushes/brackets yes. But the sway bar is just a bar.

As long as the bar hasn't gone past its elastic limit (which it shouldn't on a car), it'll be the same as a bnib bar.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    According to Honda in Wollongong (don't know if anyone else can confirm), but parts are no longer available for the EK4/EM1 rsb except the self-locking nuts, everything else came up on the computer as no longer available when searching the Australian parts database. And the US prices on this site are up to 5 times cheaper, compared to what Honda would charge you, if they could get the parts.

For example, Honda gave me a trade price of $153 EACH for the end links (normal retail is $276), while on this site they are less than $50 each. Massive difference.

For complete rsb setup, including the bar it was $AU220. With delivery to Australia it's a total cost of about $300 delivered to my door. And it's all OEM/ brand new, not 15 years old.

I set up a US shipping address at MyUS.com, which cost a one-off fee of $10.

Hopefully it should give my car a closer to neutral setup combined with the 22mm fsb...

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/parts...rear-lower-arm
    no offense but you could have got 2nd hand ek9 22mm rsb for around that with decent endlinks and bushes, maybe even less

for roughly 400 total you could have got a subframe reinforcement too

could also upgrade fsb to a 26mm from ek4/em1/ek9 too for not much..

size doesnt matter. you better learn that
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I picked up my ek4 16mm rear sway bar + unknown condition endlinks for $20

btw noob question ctx or PHO: how do you tell if the endlinks are gone besides from hearing noises after its on the car.
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Check for play in the endlinks. Move the bolt around (the stud that sticks out of the rubber) Its allowed to pivot but if you can move it in and out, side to side. Its gone, Shouldn't have any play, should only pivot.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Check for play in the endlinks. Move the bolt around (the stud that sticks out of the rubber) Its allowed to pivot but if you can move it in and out, side to side. Its gone, Shouldn't have any play, should only pivot.
    Alright thanks man will have a look tomorrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98

***Official What did you do to your EK today***

All good ctx, I know that, but it's not the feel I'm going for in the car, just after a bit more of a neutral setup without going over the top.

If it was a b series, maybe different story, but I think 13mm rsb is more than enough for a d16

Just hoping it clears the exhaust piping!
    Last edited by Alvis; 26-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Hondapartsdirect.com Still ship to Australia so you wont need a shipping forwarding service.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Hondapartsdirect.com Still ship to Australia so you wont need a shipping forwarding service.
    Ahh, thanks for that mate - looks like they have all the same parts at the same prices too. Good to know
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Picked up EK4 26mm Front sway bar and EM1 16mm Rear sway bar with kind of dead endlinks and d brackets for $40 f**k yeah!
    Last edited by mattsrea; 31-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic

f7 lca mmmmm
    SSpamily

hehe