View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 387 of 419 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397 ... LastLast
Results 4,633 to 4,644 of 5018
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Quote Originally Posted by ekx105 View Post

ENGINE SWAP TIME!! Bye bye d series!!
    Get keen!! What's going in??

My new brake shoes arrived today. RDA!!

Turns out they're the wrong damn ones! I hadn't realised they'd changed them between preface and facelift.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Why not do a rear disc swap instead?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Lack of money's....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Why not do a rear disc swap instead?
    Was just thinking this. 242mm and drums is way insufficient for B18C7 in EK chassis.

Illegal and unsafe I would think..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Surprisingly, mod plate passed with flying colours. I have heard of rear disk conversion being required for mod, but the engineer advised me that the drums, because they're 220mm, were sufficient. However, he recommended a conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Lack of money's....
    I have what you need for disk swap.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Also, I've heard that a disk conversion isn't really worth while.
    I'm only going to reference this website as a source, for lack of care or effort. http://www.edmunds.com/car-technolog...cat=affiliates

I would much prefer to just do a big disk upgrade on the front.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    I'm only going to reference this website as a source, for lack of care or effort. http://www.edmunds.com/car-technolog...cat=affiliates

dat braking balance
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Rear brakes are very important, they're there to relieve a certain amount of strain from the fronts and keep the car from lifting too much weight off the rear during braking. If you were to do continuous hard braking (track or downhill mountain road) just think about how hot the front brakes will get.

Honestly you will have more braking power by adding rear discs than just upgrading the fronts. I think if you look around you could probably pick up a 4 disc setup for the price of a big front upgrade or less if you're lucky..

Also if you check out the Brakes Direct website there is a video where their technical director explains the importance of rear brakes and why they should be upgraded with the fronts. If you wanted to hear more about it that is.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 17-06-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Rear brakes are very important, they're there to relieve a certain amount of strain from the fronts and keep the car from lifting too much weight off the rear during braking. If you were to do continuous hard braking (track or downhill mountain road) just think about how hot the front brakes will get.

Honestly you will have more braking power by adding rear discs than just upgrading the fronts. I think if you look around you could probably pick up a 4 disc setup for the price of a big front upgrade or less if you're lucky..

Also if you check out the Brakes Direct website there is a video where their technical director explains the importance of rear brakes and why they should be upgraded with the fronts. If you wanted to hear more about it that is.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Super-DA9 again.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

just get JDM endless front and paint the back drums the same blue to match

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post

+1 Unless u personally done a drum to disc conversion, it makes a huge difference on track and when giving it some, the breaking feel, gives u much more confidence

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    just get JDM endless front and paint the back drums the same blue to match

recipe for disaster hahaha

Quick update, was suppose to do a headgasket job, but seems like the head was warped causing the gasket to seep abit off coolant,, but no signs of gasket damaged sigh! Bore looks too shiny, no good, and signs of scratches on the bore, but not enough to make me worry, but because of the top of the bore, there seems to be heavy discolouration and slight damage, enough to put my finger nails in, caused by burning coolant or something else, so will need to be machined 20 thou

Plans are:
    YCP 75.5mm piston
    Skunk2 Rods 138.62mm
    arp rods/bolts (already had head bolts in)
    Machine, Deck, Hone block
    Machine Head flat

That is it for now, D16 heads are good flow for upto 350hp, was planning on doing head work, but no point for my power goalsa and limted budget

Pulling it apart as i speak SLOWLY as im i cbf in this winter, cold rainy weather lol

I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC