View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 128 of 419 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,525 to 1,536 of 5018
    Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    well i meant sell it, and upgrade... shoulda mentioned that haha
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    2009 Red FN2R
    I've been working like a mad man the past couple of weeks - reversing camera off my dvd player, 22mm whiteline rear sway bar, cusco front lower arm, spoon intake elbow (fakey from tegiwa) and an oil service! Am a noobie so it has been fun learning about these cars - engineered well.

On order are some tanabe springs, hardrace bushes and linkages for the front sway bar which should be interesting.
    ...96 EK4 VTIR Hatch, Enkei RPF1s, BClub Short Shift Kit, Mugen Pedals, Tanabe NF210 springs, whiteline rear sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Last week i Cleaned my headlights and put some new Black heat wrapped Headers on.

And today i finished an Led Dash conversion(mostly finished), its gone from the ugly old amber to nice modern white. I also changed the demisters to red and the ac and vents to blue leds.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    How did u manage to get it from the ugly orange to white??

alow how did u do the ac buttons?

Why not post up a DIY about it if you can.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    How did u manage to get it from the ugly orange to white??

alow how did u do the ac buttons?

Why not post up a DIY about it if you can.
    +1 on DIY!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Heres the diy i did, was pretty epic, still need to do the clock and the auto shifter sourround(the lit up section next to the shifter), i tried to acetone it and it wiped off the P R N D etc so ill have to find another one or 2 and work out a way to get the amber off without wrecking it lol.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ash-Conversion

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    nice work! The white actually looks pretty good - kinda like a Euro... I still don't mind my orange tho, except for the silly clock which is impossible to read with any form of daylight around!
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Thanks, i think it makes it look a bit more modern and updated so im happy. Ill be working on the Digital clock next week to try and get it white and/or brighter so ill take some pics when i do and chuck up another DIY or edit my first one. im assuming there is a bulb or an led that can be replaced to brighten it then id probably be acetoning or sanding and polishing the amber cover till its clear but if you want to keep the amber just replace the backlight with a higher powered led.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    good thinking! Yep, definitely makes it look more modern and you've done a great job

think we'll make you our resident electrical OH expert
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Thanks for the kind words, Dont think id classify myself an electrical expert but i know my way round basic circuts lol.

Painted my stock steel rims and wheel nuts last week too, they were a bit rusty and old looking so thought they could do with quick respray. Just preped them with a wire brush to remove the rust then a quick wipe down with wax and grease remover followed by 3 light coats of Matte Black engine enamel.

The tyres look out of place now with the rims being darker black than the tyres but i picked up some tyre shine this week so ill shine them up so they are black as the night when i have some spare time next week.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Dont think id classify myself an electrical expert but i know my way round basic circuts lol.

Painted my stock steel rims and wheel nuts last week too, they were a bit rusty and old looking so thought they could do with quick respray. Just preped them with a wire brush to remove the rust then a quick wipe down with wax and grease remover followed by 3 light coats of Matte Black engine enamel.
    Cool.... and just out or curiosity (not saying I like it or not) but anyone ever seen or done something like this in Oz?

HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Cool.... and just out or curiosity (not saying I like it or not) but anyone ever seen or done something like this in Oz?

i wanna be doing this soon. i contacted a wheel shop ages ago to do this but never went through with it cause of money, but i have money now ^_^.

they cut out your wheel centres and weld them into new barrels, iirc cost 55-65 per wheel depending on if you wanted 14x7 or 15x7 or 8
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS