View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 329 of 419 FirstFirst ... 229279319326327328329330331332339379 ... LastLast
Results 3,937 to 3,948 of 5018
    Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Ive been meaning to take my ek to the paint shop.

Im guna get there.......
    My style

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Got my adjustable springs in today (on a uni budget cant afford coilovers :[ ... ) and got my grille in to replace the diy one that I did about a year back, looked alright but decided to get a nicer looking one, thing didnt want to fit on so ill get the grinder out tomorrow and work it out! Also got to get that disgusting scratch buffed out of the bumper, too many things to do -.-

Last edited by edmondvincent; 22-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Quote Originally Posted by S14RULES View Post
    Mateeeee. You dont belong here.
    I could say the same, mate.
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondvincent View Post
    Got my adjustable springs in today (on a uni budget cant afford coilovers :[ ... ) and got my grille in to replace the diy one that I did about a year back, looked alright but decided to get a nicer looking one, thing didnt want to fit on so ill get the grinder out tomorrow and work it out! Also got to get that disgusting scratch buffed out of the bumper, too many things to do -.-

Nice car, very shiny

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R & 09 CRV
    Fitted a new skunk 2 intake manifold, S90 throttle body, new hondata S300 and works engineering FPR and fuel rail to my B20....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Clean engine bay dude!
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    That's a nice bay bro.

You take pride and do your own thing.

It's easy to put a engine together harder to keep it like this
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    I'm with this guy. Ever since I heard about that kenny dude getting a "cut and polish" from you, and to hear you were just claying and using a glaze via hand. You may be hiding a minute number of swirls. But definitely not a cut and polish. But if the paint is actually already in good condition, and you're just decontaminating it and chucking on some nuba wax for some short term protection. Good on ya.
    Hence why I also asked for direct light into lens (via panel) or shots in sunlight. But if the clients are happy, good job!

I do recommend starting with a DA/RO like AlexK said (have an orbital path, very hard to heat up the paint, therefore very good for newbies so you dont burn through the paint). Get some good pads (festool/lakecountry ect), good compounds like Merzena (personal favourite). Read some guides on the net (or attend a hands on day with one of our traders, Car Care Products) and get started!

Finish of with some good quality waxes/sealants to protect your work.

edit. If you're not claying, you should punch yourself in the balls, you are effectively ruining people's paint by dragging along dirt and marring the paint.

But if you are, good on ya. I suggest some ClayMagic :]]
    Dude I got a very good buffer with meguiars soft buff pads , I use the buffer always but use hand also In hard to reach places, kenny car paint was not in good condition at all , we used the buffer on 90% of the cars with the scratchx also .. My results are 100% doing this , since I have done over 25-30 customer cars range from prestige to jap .. Clay bar most of the time is not needed due to the special design of pad I use which also removes most of the grime while cutting ,
    PM for parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    And I never clay'd Kenny car also , so do not know where you heard that from
    PM for parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    This is the latest edition of the c and p , " PHO"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	24626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	24625  
    PM for parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by MYEK9 View Post
    This is the latest edition of the c and p , " PHO"
    Before and after shots mate?

Member Array