blah haha.... oh yeah.... apply pressure to get results *thumb up*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    bro Evo, she still remembers you.

Anyway landed quote as follow

Blue lens ~AUD522
    Clear lens ~AUD402

looks like if i'm getting it will be from singapore. Damn 2nd hand set from the burned out car is already ~AUD390 and thats if everything is still together and its clear lens..

welcome to OzHonda money burning section

frankly, if you are thinking using yellow bulb on foggies, get the clear lens otherwise yr personal preference.
    Last edited by AusAccord; 08-07-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Good to know my years of buying stuff off them has some use.

Looking at the price diff, get new and be assured that it comes with all the appropriate parts. Blue or clear lens is up to personal preferance.

Atjo, Aus_Accord should be the one getting banned, he's the one that always manages to get things cheaper.

not always but willing to wait for the right moment as i'm a............... cheapo haha

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1

Not too sure if I named the parts correctly, but you guys get the idea

hey Evo, where are the screws??? yap, thats what i had as well even the same JDM plastic bags!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    bro Evo, thanks alot for the trouble..

Julie just got back now saying this is what I need:

33901-SFE-023 SGD200: Right foglight
    33951-SFE-023 SGD200: Left foglight

from the attached photo looks like it comes with the lamp house + bezel + bracket in one set..

They (and their supplier) don't know which attachment to go with it. Do you guys reckon I should get the same attachment as you guys? I think the attachment is more car related than foglight related you reckon??

btw SDG400 + SGD70 shipping for 2 foglamp housing is damn ex i reckon, better to just get it off that burned out car for AUD260 you reckon? theres no complication of missing wires or components..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Mobil1 I am getting confused here.... So the fog lamps from the burnt car is 260 or 390?

Looks like the Absolute foglights are sold differently from the ours. Seems like u still need the indicator stalk+wiring+fuse relay.

If you want to go with the burnt one, just make sure they pull the whole set out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    sorry bro to confuse.

ok just need your help to clarify. Since the absolute foglamp housing + bezel + mounting is sold together. I assume from the point of the light bulb all the way to the control switch should be the same as you guys yeah?

ThianSeng doesn't know which attachment to go with the foglamps, and looking from the link you provided (ofcourse with the broken english translation), what I can make out of it is:

08V38-SFE-C00 No Vehicle control equipment for cars equipped with automatic light normal bumper mounted attachment [Vehicle fit: B, M]
    08V38-SFE-D00 Auto light control equipment for cars equipped with Vehicle bumper mounted attachment Normal [Vehicle fit: L]
    08V38-SFE-E00 Modulo Roasukato mounting attachment (front TypeZZ) No Car Auto Light Control Equipment Vehicle Equipment [Vehicle fit: B, M]
    08V38-SFE-F00 Modulo Roasukato mounting attachment (front TypeZZ) Car equipment Car Auto Light Control Equipment [Vehicle fit: L]
    08V38-SFE-G00 No attachment mounting M · for cars equipped with automatic light control for aero package [Vehicle fit: M-(Aero)]

C00 and E00 I reckon can be eliminated because its for cars with no Auto Light feature.

It "looks" like D00 and F00 are the same (both for Auto Light) except of the differnet type of mounting bracket it comes with.

G00 seems to be for cars with Auto Light but no mounting bracket. I think this is the part I should get as the absolute mounting bracket and bezel already comes as one with the foglamp housing (refer to photo below).

I don't think so at any point of time when they are referring to "Auto Light" they mean the AFS lamps that Absolute comes with yeah? Instead it means the light will turn on or off itself? LOL

Do you think G00 is the right thing for me now? gosh this is confusing and hard. LOL

PS: don't need to worry about the burnt car...

Last edited by Mobil1; 13-07-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Bro,

You may be right that the attachments are more car specific than fog light related. After breaking down the Jap words individually, I think all 5 don't fit your needs fully

the first 4 part # descriptions seem to be correct, but 08V38-SFE-G00 actually reads as

取付けアタッチメント(Mounting attachment) M・エアロパッケージ用 (M · aero packages)
    オートライトコントロール装備無し車用 (No Car Auto Light Control Equipment)
     [ 適合車種 : M-(エアロ) ] (Vehicle fit: M-(Aero))

The stupid google translation thing messed up the wording order. I am guessing because the Absolute models all come with the foggies as standard and this web site is an assories website, they would not list the parts required for the Absolute. Sorry for the earlier mis-information.

What varient are you driving? I assume a Luxury model with no front lip? Just a thought.... why don't you get

33901-SFE-023 + 33951-SFE-023 + 08V38-SFE-D00 Auto light control equipment for cars equipped with Vehicle bumper mounted attachment Normal [Vehicle fit: L]

Use the wiring+fuse+indicator stalk that comes with 08V38-SFE-D00, but use the Absolute foglights on the Absolute bumper. But this would mean that you would have a spare bezel set and brackets. Maybe you keep it for when you are selling your car, put back your original bumper with the foglights and sell the Absolute bumper with without the lens but with the bezels? Or Sell your car with the Absolute bumper and bezel only and sell the foglights + 08V38-SFE-D00 by themselves as a set?

Other than that I have got no idea... maybe you are right and should just get the burnt Absolute foggies.
    Last edited by evolution; 13-07-2010 at 01:31 AM.

as far as i remember, wiring, relay, switch stick and all cable-ties/screws are come from one box which is a separate part nr. the foglight, bracket and bezel cover are come from another box with different part nr. i did not read thru all the translation above but would go thru as Evo advised, get the brand new wiring stuffs then get whatever you need from the burnt one (am sure the foggies mounting bracket on Absolute is different to M,L Type due to different bumper design). If you want to go thru everything new then i'm interested on buying the original bezel (subj to price and pic below) as may change my front lip.