Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro

Head Unit Issue KING!! I win...

Hi Guys..

As you may recall, a couple months ago I had the standard issue with my CL9 Euro that the console backlights all stopped working, and I had to get Honda to replace the Head Unit (lucky for extended Warranty) for free..

WELL!!!

4 months later.. The console lights are playing up.. but now they WON'T turn OFF!!!!!!

I turn the car off, lock the doors and the console lights are still on LOL!!

I'm so over this cars electricals.. how bad can a company be at making a head unit? and why connect it all up to the console lights? FFS!

Now, Panasonic / Honda are contemplating not helping cause the new HU only had a 3 month warranty supposedly?, either way, i'll take it to fair trading if they decline this..

The car smells on burnt electrical inside once it happened.

I have removed the fuse from the engine bay, cause stupid Honda haven't fused the stereo on it's own! so now I have no central locking or interior lights.

Honda + Panasonic + Made in Thailand = EPIC FAIL.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    Ide snap that up just incase, its pretty cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching
    MY04 Accord Euro 5AT

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    I'm the one that's bidding on it LOL..

No one else bid or take it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Update..

Back to square one, now all the lights have blown again like last time.. ahhhhh, 'sigh'.. Panasonic Fail again.

Made in Thailand especially after holidaying there doesn't help my trust factor of the next unit again blowing up.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    Im ready to pay 250 for it as a heads up, i have a smashed headunit which has been like that for 2 years. Its about time to change it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    Im ready to pay 250 for it as a heads up, i have a smashed headunit which has been like that for 2 years. Its about time to change it.
    Your cool mate, the guy selling it actually repairs them too, do if Honda won't fix it, I'll get him to sort it out for me

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    Is the lcd removeable in the head unit that really all i need,?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    The head unit and the fascia are 2 complete seperate units.. the HU itself is just an aluminium box with connectors on it.. the LCD and all the buttons are fixed to the fascia of the unit..

But the lighting for the LCD and the buttons are controlled by 2 seperate circuits in the HU, so it still may be the HU that is your problem.

Honda just called me about 15 mins ago, and will be replacing the HU... AGAIN.

lets see how long this new one last for..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    Honda just called me about 15 mins ago, and will be replacing the HU... AGAIN.

lets see how long this new one last for..
    You will keep having the same problem unless they add a thermal conducting pad over the area of the circuitry which overheats and burns out. That is what Acura had to do when the TSX had the same issue.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    supposedly my last HU had that installed in it, and it still blew up..

But I over-heard the service guys asking eachother if my unit was a "new unit or repaired"...

The next step from here, is me pulling the unit apart and re-wiring the fascial lights to by-pass the stereo all together and turn on with the rest of the lights in the car, like it SHOULD have been done from the get go.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    supposedly my last HU had that installed in it, and it still blew up..

But I over-heard the service guys asking eachother if my unit was a "new unit or repaired"...

The next step from here, is me pulling the unit apart and re-wiring the fascial lights to by-pass the stereo all together and turn on with the rest of the lights in the car, like it SHOULD have been done from the get go.
    When they say repaired, they mean that the board was replaced but the actual headunit (CD stacker and other hardware) is from a previously faulty unit.

The lights are directly soldered onto the circuit board. So you won't have luck bypassing the stereo.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Damn.

Well, lets see how this new unit goes, it might be a-ok after all..

If not, they will just keep on replacing it.

The last unit replaced skipped CD's from day 1, but I have an Xcarlink, so I don't care, but the lights were the last straw.