Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    and if you do decide to modify it....with some nice mods....you can get your car handling quite nicely and have a nice balance between balance, handling and comfort
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    I owned an Integra VTIR 94 model about 10 years ago. It had some mods to it and was a nice and zippy little car. I remember beating this 180sx with CA18DET running 16 psi on rolling start from 100 km/h to 200 km/h on the way back from Altona drags. NA power FTW. Those were the days when I was young and very stupid. There were small things that bothered me like the aircond temp lever is hard as hell to move from left to right. The sunroof stutters on opening. The thing I hated the most was the Vtec crossover as not audible. I guess this was due to the intake manifold design of the vtir. Overall I love the car. Grats on the car btw. Good buy and the 98 + tegs have the new head lights and tail lights

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 yO!
    If only you had done this review a year ago while I was looking for an Integra haha. Great read, it's like magazine standard
    Your review is identical to how I would've reviewed it personally, however you expressed it a lot better than I would have. It'll be real useful for future buyers
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey View Post
    and if you do decide to modify it....with some nice mods....you can get your car handling quite nicely and have a nice balance between balance, handling and comfort
    yeah i'm planning a few subtle handling mods! I'll be giving brief reviews of each mod! Looking to add dc2r suspension, asr brace and jdm itr rear sway bar, looking forward to hitting some good roads then! Especially once i get some good tyres on it!

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dciisir View Post
    I owned an Integra VTIR 94 model about 10 years ago. It had some mods to it and was a nice and zippy little car. I remember beating this 180sx with CA18DET running 16 psi on rolling start from 100 km/h to 200 km/h on the way back from Altona drags. NA power FTW. Those were the days when I was young and very stupid. There were small things that bothered me like the aircond temp lever is hard as hell to move from left to right. The sunroof stutters on opening. The thing I hated the most was the Vtec crossover as not audible. I guess this was due to the intake manifold design of the vtir. Overall I love the car. Grats on the car btw. Good buy and the 98 + tegs have the new head lights and tail lights
    yeah must say the air con temp control is pretty stiff but living in qld it never moves off the lowest temperature. My sunroof doesn't stutter thankfully as that would drive me nuts! As for the vtec i did think it'd make more noise but it's still a satisfying noise after 5k! i still wouldn't mind making it more aggressively obvious.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Toilet View Post
    If only you had done this review a year ago while I was looking for an Integra haha. Great read, it's like magazine standard
    Your review is identical to how I would've reviewed it personally, however you expressed it a lot better than I would have. It'll be real useful for future buyers
    hey mate thanks for the positive review! would love to write for a magazine, can't see myself getting that lucky though! Haha! Glad you liked the review. If anyone wants me to review their car they can feel free to drop it in! Especially an nsx! Box takers? Lol. Thanks again all

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 yO!
    Just get an Injen cold air intake from eBay. It will blow your mind with regards to the subtle vtec crossover, seriously! serious, channel 10....haha
    No seriously, get an intake, the cross over just becomes awesome after-wards.
    FYS

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by crx51 View Post
    yeah i'm planning a few subtle handling mods! I'll be giving brief reviews of each mod! Looking to add dc2r suspension, asr brace and jdm itr rear sway bar, looking forward to hitting some good roads then! Especially once i get some good tyres on it!
    lol that's exactly how I started, albeit Beaks subframe kit, then after a while swapped the springs for lower Spoon progressives. Do what you stated and you'll be happy with the compromise

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Toilet View Post
    Just get an Injen cold air intake from eBay. It will blow your mind with regards to the subtle vtec crossover, seriously! serious, channel 10....haha
    No seriously, get an intake, the cross over just becomes awesome after-wards.
    Haha, I'm sure it would. I had an intake on my ed9 crx and the noise was incredible and that wasn't even vtec. I've exposed the filter by removing the lid in the integra but it seems to amplify the noise marginally around the vtec crossover mark but gets extremely loud at the 5800rpm changeover of the intake. Either way i'd love to get an intake. I was looking at the Injen and AEM V2 but I'm a bit reluctant to get an exposed pod as I don't want to have to worry about puddles. I'm looking to get a mugen intake or CT Icebox though. Hopefully it will still make a little more noise. : )

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    lol that's exactly how I started, albeit Beaks subframe kit, then after a while swapped the springs for lower Spoon progressives. Do what you stated and you'll be happy with the compromise
    What mods have you got now? You've gone well beyond I'm guessing? haha.
    Just got a Haynes manual for the car today so i'l be fitting the ITR suspension soon, then just need the ASR and JDM ITR Rear Sway.
    Looking forward to the added control. : )

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    late reply sorry, car remained as was and I loved it, I sold the car March '12