Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If 5850 is the pricing for the turbo kit, thats very expensive! and with the added cost of ecu, injectors etc, its workin out 2 b closer to 6-7k!!!! with that kinda cost, id expect closer to 180kw, not 130kw, no offence, but i cant justify that amount of cost for that sort of gain

If the pricing i said is incorrect, feel free to correct me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    yeah i agree also - thats why im waiting for akmotorworks to get back to me with an offical quote; i sent them an email this morning.

I am also going to shop around and find other solutions; post them here for second oppinions.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    i would say build ur own kit, thats what one of my buddies is doin 2 his eg civic, d-series motor aswell.... atm his got a T25g off black top Sr20, getting a log manifold, an goin for a greddy emanage ecu, but the problem with that is sourcing everything individually, like oil lines and making sure they fit, if not, you'll be postponing for another week with ur build just to get find the right piece like in a puzzle...

So i guess its really up2 you, I personally prefer a kit, as it says, complete bolt-on, an no needing to worry about out sourcing every part...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    yeah thats another option as well - ive also sent a email to 999 Autoworks enquiring about a few things.

I want something that will be an easy solution and not complicate things - however this may cost a bit more

ill keep posting here as i go

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    no i dont work there.
    these are the quotes of exact prices that they gave me when i asked for a turbo setup for my d-series to get power figures of around 130 kw atw.

those are the actual parts and prices.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    dangz, so much for turbo being cheaper than b16/b18 conversion, lol
    But for that amount, id be more inclined to buy something like the greddy bolt on turbo kit, mite even workout to be cheaper than ak motorwarez turbo kit....

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    dangz, so much for turbo being cheaper than b16/b18 conversion, lol
    But for that amount, id be more inclined to buy something like the greddy bolt on turbo kit, mite even workout to be cheaper than ak motorwarez turbo kit....
    it is a bit more expensive than other products like greedy because they use different materials, a better flow manifold (ramhorn), a bigger turbo and intercooler.

i was gonna go the cheap way and use 2nd hand parts, but seeing as i didnt want to keep fixing my car all the time i choose to spend more and go peakboost.

about the power that varies on what the customer wants, he can reach 200+ with the peak kit if he wants to but will his motor take it i doubt it. 130 is on about 5-7psi for the d series.
    Last edited by Riced_Civic; 21-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    please if your looking for boost, please dont go cheap on it.
    anything like a t25, your kinda wasting your time as it will run out of puff. you want big gains or reliable power, its up to you.

do it once, do it right

heaps of options out there for you to build and source your own kit or go for something thats been tested etc.

you can always go frank b20/16 =D
    goodluck
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    please if your looking for boost, please dont go cheap on it.
    anything like a t25, your kinda wasting your time as it will run out of puff. you want big gains or reliable power, its up to you.

do it once, do it right

heaps of options out there for you to build and source your own kit or go for something thats been tested etc.

you can always go frank b20/16 =D
    goodluck
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ah right, so in saying, would you rather get the Greddy turbo kit, or Peaks, providing, they both give the same end results?

Theres nothing wrong in using 2nd parts, providing all the parts in in good condtion, it should last forever, like any parts you put on ur car

B16/20 conversion is tempting.......

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    ah right, so in saying, would you rather get the Greddy turbo kit, or Peaks, providing, they both give the same end results?

Theres nothing wrong in using 2nd parts, providing all the parts in in good condtion, it should last forever, like any parts you put on ur car

greedy or peaks......i would really go any. they are just brands. Peaks is aus known, greddy is popular amongst jap cars etc. if you know what your buying and whats good and not then by all means go by 2nd hand parts. even new parts can break. its basically about the way you look after your car. proper warm up etc.
    that goes for everything whether boosted or N/A, service and look after it and you will see the car lasting up to 300xxx etc.

b16/b20 is great for power and high torque, find a good builder and you will be laughing at the power.
    goodluck with whichever you decide.
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1

id rather go the peak boost kit cos if u want to go any further in the future theres no need to upgrade the turbo parts just the motor u will need to upgrade. if u dont plan on boosting any higher than 10psi then go greedy as itll save u but the turbo is very small and u would prob get like 110 to 120kw the peak kit will net u close to 140 to 150kw as it has bigger turbo and better flow manifold.

but yeah just think of long tern and short term, if ur gonna swap to a B series but still want to boost for now go greedy, if u want to keep the D for a while pick the Peak kit.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1