Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?

Wanting to swap my two exhausts

I've been quoted $150 for the job but I don't think it's a reasonable price considering the difficulty of the job (pretty easy, if I had a welder I'd do it myself). I just want to swap over the mufflers from my two cars.

Anyone know a place in Melb (preferably west side but doesn't matter) that can do it cheaper?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    try going to "bro exhaust" its on geelong road.

i got mine put on for 50 bucks

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    i do mine at highpoint mufflers. nice guys. goodwork and good on price.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yea i was told that the guys at HP do a good job also at a good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if ur swapping mufflers from 2 cars, then its 2 jobs, so $75 a muffler, its not that pricy...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    if ur swapping mufflers from 2 cars, then its 2 jobs, so $75 a muffler, its not that pricy...
    Yeah I figured that out shortly after posting and thought its pretty good lol. In the end it was a decision between Chris @ Exhaust Bros and Jordan @ Highpoint mufflers today and when I went to both they said they didn't have time on their hands. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    I've been quoted $150 for the job but I don't think it's a reasonable price considering the difficulty of the job (pretty easy, if I had a welder I'd do it myself). I just want to swap over the mufflers from my two cars.

Anyone know a place in Melb (preferably west side but doesn't matter) that can do it cheaper?

$150 too much for you ? what about the guy running the business - there is generally a 2 hr minimum reflected in any quote to cover labour. sounds like you are a tightass. Shop around - you might save $10 or $20..........

but watch as the muffler falls off as you drive off.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    Yeah I figured that out shortly after posting and thought its pretty good lol. In the end it was a decision between Chris @ Exhaust Bros and Jordan @ Highpoint mufflers today and when I went to both they said they didn't have time on their hands. Go figure
    if ur in the western suburbs, go and see allan @ blitz custom exhausts in hoppers crossing, tell him tom who had yellow itr sent u..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    $150 too much for you ? what about the guy running the business - there is generally a 2 hr minimum reflected in any quote to cover labour. sounds like you are a tightass. Shop around - you might save $10 or $20..........

but watch as the muffler falls off as you drive off.
    Thanks for the very unhelpful post.

The guys at Exhaust Bro's in Footscray got it done in 21 minutes (my girlfriend timed it) and it cost me a meagre $80, both welded with custom hangers.

Saved myself $70 by started this thread.

Thanks again champ.

-1 rep for you

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    +1 rep me i suggest BROS EXHAUST :P