Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

crx 88 zc over over heating problem

i got a zc crx 88 , when i turn the car on the cluster reading for hot and cold, the needle goes right to the top after i turn da car on for 2min,, wat could be da problem, i've checked the engine to see if its hot, but how could it be hot when i just turned it on.. does any one know wat could be the problem.

also when i hit 110kms on free way, it starts making this beep beep beep sound,, wat could that be, is dat tellin me that i'm speeding or there is something wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    not too sure abt the beeping noise at 110km/h.
    but the overheating is probably a sign that your thermostat needs to be changed or you've got block in your radiator hoses.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    how would i fix da radiator hoses block., how much would it cost to get da thermostat fix and put in

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    you can go to super cheap and buy a radiator flush (along those lines) that unclogs those blocked areas. with the thermostat should be a easy fix and can be done yourself, google how to do it or post it up on OZHONDA, quite sure heaps of people can give you a hand.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    i have heard that beep beep sound before its a speed sensor thing when ur over speeding very rare i actually heard it once in a crx.

Anyhow quangsuke how is google gonna help em.

cuongn here u go man

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    thermostat or water pump ....take it to a place called Hannys performance in smithfield they will fix it on the cheap for you.,also very close to cabbra......Dont worry about the beeping its supposed to do that

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    ive got the speed sensor in my CRXs - but gen1s - never heard of a gen2 having one but there's always a first.

How hot are the hoses when the car is running? at first it should only be the top hose from the radiator to the engine getting hot (but you should be able to touch it) then after the car is hot, the fan should kick in - does your fan come on at all? check how hot your bottom radiator hose is. If the bottom hose is cold when the car is hot and temp is 'hot' on the dash - it means your thermostat isn't opening.

changing the thermostat - could fix the problem. But it could mean your cooling system is also blocked, full of junk or your radiator is partially blocked.

When was the last time you had the system bled? could be an air bubble at the thermostat too...

take it to a reputable - recommended radiator place. By recommended i mean ask around, friends, family - guys here and have the guy do a flush of the system

Dont go cheap on the cooling system - as replacing/rebuilding a motor will cost you MORE and you'll regret being stingy on the cooling system!
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Well done guys on the responses so far.

Your car should take about 5 minutes to overheat during regular driving if your thermostat is stuck closed.

Does your car have coolant in it? Are you leaking coolant?

Member Array
    Car:
    crx gen 1/gen 2
    The beep is a warning on speed. Its a clip-in component at the back of the dash instrument cluster. Took mine off recently - easy enough.
    anjin

aka ian

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by _CRX_ View Post
    thermostat or water pump ....take it to a place called Hannys performance in smithfield they will fix it on the cheap for you.,also very close to cabbra......Dont worry about the beeping its supposed to do that
    can i get the address for hanny's in smithfield, i'ii navman it