Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000

Weight reduction

Hey guys sorry if this is a nooby question to some, but could you guys tell me the best ways of reducing weight in an s2000 thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    replace factory exhaust with stainless or titanium, remove a/c, remove sound deadener, replace factory seats with carbon items. From here on, minor weight reductions can be achieved by replacing body panels with carbon replacements.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Like Jap52k said, Changing the exhaust would be a big weight saver with some power gains. Take out tools and spare tyre, change seats to buckets, use carbon panels, light weight wheels, changing suspension also umm loose some body weight.. lol

These carbon doors are great weight saver if you can justify the price

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...products_id=97

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    Like Jap52k said, Changing the exhaust would be a big weight saver with some power gains. Take out tools and spare tyre, change seats to buckets, use carbon panels, light weight wheels, changing suspension also umm loose some body weight.. lol

These carbon doors are great weight saver if you can justify the price

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...products_id=97
    $10k! holy... pay to play

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day.

Seriously though.. I never fill my tank more than half way.. It feels so heavy with a full tank

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day
    lmaoo... i have a friend who does that aswell

thx for all the replies and that door is just overpriced lol

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day.

Seriously though.. I never fill my tank more than half way.. It feels so heavy with a full tank
    But you don't want less then half a tank on track days lol which is what weight reduction is mainly focused for

You can also reduce weight by certain mods. Some coilovers are constructed with aluminum which is lighter then the stock units, forged brakes, intakes etc. etc..

Removal of stoftop!!!

The s2000 dosen't have much weight to shed in terms of "usless" items. What are you looking at weight loss for?
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Have you gutted your Soft top vyets?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    lose the spare and tools for sure, if you have a passenger you wont have anywhere to put the flat lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Have you gutted your Soft top vyets?
    Nops not yet, I need to hit low 1:42 or 1:41 at winton with full street trim and street tyres first before I will step my game up and start running semi's and stripping stuff out
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    lose the spare and tools for sure, if you have a passenger you wont have anywhere to put the flat lol.
    have you read your user manual yet?
    more specifically what to do when u DO get a flat

Honda arent stupid enough to design a car and then force the owner to place his flat in the passenger seat. the passenger seat is just for that, a passenger and not a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromZ View Post
    have you read your user manual yet?
    more specifically what to do when u DO get a flat

Honda arent stupid enough to design a car and then force the owner to place his flat in the passenger seat. the passenger seat is just for that, a passenger and not a flat.
    Doesnt the tool kit go where the spare tire went, then tire that is flat goes in the boot, the front tire goes to the rear axle if the rear tire needs to be changed then the spare/yellow tire goes on the front?