Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM

thrust bearing noise...

hi everyone ... ive got a noise 98 percent sure its the thrust bearing as in goes away when foot on or off clutch.

now i have an excellent clutch in it super duper bity and feels amazing. bit like a push button or brass button... just wondering do i have to find a thrust bearing to suit the clutch or does it not matter ?? and any idea where i oculd find a thrust bearing
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

if its the thrust bearing it should only happen when the clutch is pushed in
    if it happens while the clutch is not pushed in, it may be something else i.e gearbox or could be flywheel bearing
    i got my thrust bearing from ebay. cant remember the seller's name though sorry
    hope this helps!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    yeah not clutch release bearing (can we confirm thats the throwout bearing , thrust bearing, heard so many people call it different things) if it goes away when you push the clutch in, i made this mistake.. i think its the shaft bearing after a bit of research. hope it doesnt get worse by the time i have to take the gearbox out again though.. such a pain in the ass job
    FIGJAM

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Could also be Input Shaft bearing inside the gearbox (common to fail for honda gearbox.)

the amount of play in the input shaft bearing in my gearbox when i pulled it apart was amazing .. but no noise. Replaced them all the same.

If you are going to the trouble of pulling the gearbox out, consider replacing the synchros/bearings/seals ... It'll save you money in the long run with less wear on hard parts such as hub / gear etc ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    noise vanishes when clutch is pushed in .. its the thrust bearing.

only thing i wanted to know is if i need a thurst/throw out bearing needs to suit the clutch or is it a generic part

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    u can get generic ones. Its a dc2r?
    Mekong spares sells them for $45, as do most clutch places, i ended up getting a Koyo one, cos i didn't trust the Korean, and prefer the Jap stuff.
    All the exedy come with one of the generic brands (nadachi, koyo etc..), even exedy don't seem to make the thrust bearing.
    I just replaced my clutch and the clutch kit didn't come with one
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    yes its a JDM ITR

who did you get yours through?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post

only thing i wanted to know is if i need a thurst/throw out bearing needs to suit the clutch or is it a generic part
    this isn't right!
    if its the thrust bearing then the noise will only occur when the clutch IS PUSHED IN.

i would guess that its the gearbox not the thrust bearing.
    although if you are taking the box out it might be worth replacing the thrust bearing anyway while you're at it

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    yeah thats the one i meant :P... its the thrust bearing ok lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Could also be Input Shaft bearing inside the gearbox (common to fail for honda gearbox.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r View Post
    the amount of play in the input shaft bearing in my gearbox when i pulled it apart was amazing .. but no noise. Replaced them all the same.

If you are going to the trouble of pulling the gearbox out, consider replacing the synchros/bearings/seals ... It'll save you money in the long run with less wear on hard parts such as hub / gear etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    u can get generic ones. Its a dc2r?
    Mekong spares sells them for $45, as do most clutch places, i ended up getting a Koyo one, cos i didn't trust the Korean, and prefer the Jap stuff.
    All the exedy come with one of the generic brands (nadachi, koyo etc..), even exedy don't seem to make the thrust bearing.
    I just replaced my clutch and the clutch kit didn't come with one
    ^^ Listen to these guys......forget the technical terminology for release/throwout/thrust bearing!

It seems like it is most likely to be the shaft bearing. If you were to replace that bearing you'd have to remove the g/box as said, therefore for the sake of $50 or so, replace the throwout anyway, even the clutch if it is wearing. Especially if you are paying someone labour to do it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    yeah thats the one i meant :P... its the thrust bearing ok lol
    No, it's not the thrust bearing. If it goes away when you clutch in, it is one of the bearings on the input shaft in the gearbox.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2