Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    I got quoted from Justcars about $850.
    I filled in every mod they had able to be ticked, and this was comprehensive. The only thing is that it has to be engineered.
    It was an ek4 and i've over 25 without any prior bad history. (i'm almost the same age as you)

The gf was pissed off cos her car was basically stock and her car cost $20 more or so
    850 is pretty cheap. But how good are Just Car when it comes to claims and payouts? They are a new, lesser known company. I'm with NRMA atm.

I'm still to learn about engineering. What does it exactly entail? Are u basically paying an 800 dollar 'tax', just for a guy to give you the green light to have a turbo setup? Also, is the law in QLD the same as in NSW? I still haven't done a search on this, so pls don't flame me. Here in QLD there's no such thing as a yearly blue slip (didn't even know what one one was until a mate from Sydney told me), so maybe engineering isn't a requirement here.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 28-06-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    crx turbo, 25yrs and about $900 with just cars. was about 1.1k when i first insurance cos i was under 25. im pretty sure once you hit 25 the rate should be the same unless you hit 50 or so.

had a claim when a bike hit me, same as any other insurance company really, get a few quotes n go from there. also if you were a autosalon competitor n got your insurance done at the show you get get to pick your preferred repairer.. aslong as its near the other quotes im assuming.

with the turbo kit, spend your majority of money on the turbo manifold, turbo, clutch n ecu/tune.. other areas dont have to be top shelf
    also design the turbo kit so it can be reversed if necessary ie. dont cut holes in the chassis
    Last edited by Limo; 28-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    justcars is underinsured by AAMI, shouldn't be too much of an issue.

You would need engineering either way. I beleive in QLD its easier to get engineered

Engineering is basically an expert saying that with all the modifications your car has done it is till within roadworthy status to be on our roads.

All of your factory cars are engineered to a specific standard, otherwise they are not brought into the country
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah JustCar is a branch of AAMI and from what I've seen they don't seem to have prejudice against people who mod their cars. A lot of companies will increase your premium everytime you put a new mod on your car, but JustCar doesn't much IMO.
    Unlike like some of those wankers at YouI and Budget. You tell those people who 'tailor-make an insurance policy specific to your needs' that you have an aftermarket header and they just go 'I'm going to stop you there mate, can't insure you if you have a header'.

pricks.
    Last edited by dougie_504; 01-07-2010 at 02:44 AM.