Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gd3 jazz - aux plug

Hey guys, the headunit had the aux botton. How do I use it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    If you have the aux cable installed then to use it u need to press the aux button twice or something.

But yeah u need to make sure that u have the cable installed already.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Installing the cable isn't as simple as just plugging it in but there's a pretty detailed DIY somewhere. Most of the guys I know just opt for buying a new headunit with an AUX port built in.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Fit
    I followed this DIY guide.. I have very little experience with this sort of thing but it only took 1-1.5hrs.
    http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm

I followed this diagram:

The hardest part is finding/sourcing those plugs and the longest part was pulling the headunit out!
    plusplusplus
    gd3fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    Quote Originally Posted by kyobi View Post
    I followed this DIY guide.. I have very little experience with this sort of thing but it only took 1-1.5hrs.
    http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm

I followed this diagram:

The hardest part is finding/sourcing those plugs and the longest part was pulling the headunit out!
    Yeah this is where i got the info from... i'm trying to do this myself, just gotta find the plug/cable.

i make the cable following one of the DIY guide long long time ago.
    imho, making the cable is easy, but taking out the centre console thingy, the bracket? is hard ... LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3,GM2
    yes, I just bought 1 of those stereo "baby plug to baby plug" from dollar shop, chop one side and solder some pins (from jaycar). this part is easy as everyone had already said.

taking out the console is a bit tricky because you dont want scratches on your panel but some force is needed to pull it out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 Jazz VTI-s
    this is awesome, Ive got an 02 model VTI-S and noticed the AUX button as well but wondered why it was there for. I'll defs give this a go these Uni holidays and post up progress

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    I just fitted a wire with earphone plug to my GD 2006 .
    I can confirm the wiring plan by the German guy . It is also actually printed on top of the radio unit but numbered opposite.
    I used a 6pin female computer board plug with 2.54 MM pin spacing. ( Be careful as there is a bigger plug also with 3.54MM spacing-Ask me how I know)These are available from Jaycar for AFAIR $2.60, and you need a crimper and good eyesight because they are small.
    I also bought a Jaycar earphone plug to earphone plug lead and chopped off one end as it looks stock.
    Tested the Ipod and sounds great -Well as great as the speakers allow.
    I positioned the lead in the parcel tray under the glovebox as there are three vent holes there and you can just zip tie the lead to them.
    Regards Philip A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Jazz VTi-S
    You know that hard piece of plastic on the centre console beneath the 12V socket? I believe thats where the AUX input is on the overseas market Jazz.

It's screwed down onto the centre console from the other side I believe.

Has anyone actually tried to put a DIY female AUX socket there?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    Has anyone actually tried to put a DIY female AUX socket there?
    I imagine it would be as simple as buying a lead with a earphone panel socket rather than plug, but you would have to completely remove the radio panel and probably remove the console to fit it. Much easier just to have a male plug, although a manufacturer could not do that as some dork would short it out or let the kids play with it or whatever.
    AND I NEVER want to pull that damn panel out again, although it looks like you have to to change the fuel filter.
    Regard sPhilip A

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Fit
    When I did mine, I put a socket right next to the cigarette lighter
    plusplusplus
    gd3fit