Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.

DC5R Catback Exhauast Fujitubo Powergetter OR Skunk2 Megapower R

Hello All,

Looking to purchase a new cat back for the dc5r to go with my toda header + toda custom cat.

Looking to choose between the fujitsubo powergetter (60mm) or the Skuunk 2 Megapower R (70mm). Not to sure which to get but id assume that the megapower would be more powerful?

I've been recommended by Adrian at toda to go for the skunk2 for power. I'm after power so im leaning a bit more to the skunk2 but would you guys have any suggestions?

If you guys can post up your thoughts and pro's + con's about both catbacks that would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by OMG.JAI xD; 25-06-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: a

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Ive got the Fujitsubo on my ITR. Very good exhaust IMO. Its not too loud and its not too quiet. Wont get sick of it when driving and its loud once u open it up, spesh with the toda headers, even more if u get GruppeM or Injen If your looking for power then go the Skunk2 mate & if Adrian recommended you then id say go for it

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Hey Mate,

Thanks for that prompt response, good stuff. Forgot to mention i have an Injen CAI too.

a few months back i was in the same situation. i ended up getting the Power Getter and didnt look back love it. the Tip looks awesome. nice deep and quite sound. ive heard the skunk 2 is pretty loud. i guess if you want to sacrifice comfort for performance then get the Skunk 2. and if you want comfort then i suggest the Power getter. I also have an injen as well btw...
    wish you luck with you choice no doubt both brands are awesome and no matter what you end up choosing im sure ull be happy

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Thanks for the prompt responses boys.

Also JDM 05R do you have toda headers to go with the catback? if so can you talk a bit about power gains, reponsiveness you got from this combo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    Thanks for the prompt responses boys.

Also JDM 05R do you have toda headers to go with the catback? if so can you talk a bit about power gains, reponsiveness you got from this combo?

Thanks
    Yes i have toda header with cat installed by hak at Performance Exhaust Centre. Awesome power gains felt the difference instantly with toda when installed. love the deep sound and VTEC sound crazy. its my daily so i didn’t want it to be to noisy at low revs. Very responsive as apposed to the stock header. I haven’t taken it to dyno as yet so i wont be able to give you exact gains but i will in the near future. Really worth the money spent

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Sounds good, keep ur eye on this thread will let you know how my set up goes when i get it installed about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    Sounds good, keep ur eye on this thread will let you know how my set up goes when i get it installed about 2 weeks.
    4 sure keep us updated. i recommend your fit your exhuast and header at Performance Exhaust Centre at northmead (top work)
    hope it all goes well.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Toda Headers + Power Getter for reference.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    apexi n1? loud as hell though
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    any one have J's Racing Headers with 70rs exhaust to match?
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMON83 View Post
    any one have J's Racing Headers with 70rs exhaust to match?
    Monty?

I believe it's 117 db @ 6,000 rpm.