Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation How to install Apexi NA timer

I want to install an Apexi NA timer just to show voltage, im not worried about the timer.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Last edited by DLO01; 25-06-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Deano.

thanks for that

i finally installed it and its pretty COOOOOOOOOL

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    by cool do you mean pointless?

and actually bad for your engine, because when it's idling with no airflow, things actually get hotter?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    by cool do you mean pointless?

and actually bad for your engine, because when it's idling with no airflow, things actually get hotter?

Do you not have a thermo fan?
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by eg5civic View Post
    Do you not have a thermo fan?
    no shit.

but its not meant to be a substitute for proper airflow - thats why your car can overheat in traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    .................................................. ........ -____________________________-

The only time my car has ever overheated was when i ran my new PWR core without a fan. i got caught in traffic and took a good 20 mins before the car went over halfway on the temp guage.

The thermo fan is there to substitute for airflow. If it wasnt why would we have them. The fan physically pushes or pulls air (depending on fan type) through the radiator, moving air through the core, much like how driving does.

If your cars overheating in traffic you have problems, whether it be your coolant, fan not working, partially blocked radiator ect.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    .................................................. ........ -____________________________-

The only time my car has ever overheated was when i ran my new PWR core without a fan. i got caught in traffic and took a good 20 mins before the car went over halfway on the temp guage.

The thermo fan is there to substitute for airflow. If it wasnt why would we have them. The fan physically pushes or pulls air (depending on fan type) through the radiator, moving air through the core, much like how driving does.

If your cars overheating in traffic you have problems, whether it be your coolant, fan not working, partially blocked radiator ect.
    thanks for explaining how a fan works.

my point is that an N/A timer is pointless. on a turbo car, you need to keep the oil flowing because oil trapped around the turbo cooks and turns to sludge.

there is no turbo in an n/a car by definition, and there is thus no need to 'warm down' anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    thanks for explaining how a fan works.

my point is that an N/A timer is pointless. on a turbo car, you need to keep the oil flowing because oil trapped around the turbo cooks and turns to sludge.

there is no turbo in an n/a car by definition, and there is thus no need to 'warm down' anything.
    I agree with you 100% there about the oil in the turbo and no need for it on an N/A car

All i was correcting you on was the issue with idle airflow

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    I agree with you 100% there about the oil in the turbo and no need for it on an N/A car

All i was correcting you on was the issue with idle airflow
    well I still disagree.

if you were able to drive at 100kmh, steady speed, forever, your car would not overheat.

if you leave your car to idle long enough, it will overheat. why? because the airflow generated by the fan is insufficient to dissipate the heat put out by the engine, which is why leaving your car to idle only makes it hotter

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    well I still disagree.

if you were able to drive at 100kmh, steady speed, forever, your car would not overheat.

if you leave your car to idle long enough, it will overheat. why? because the airflow generated by the fan is insufficient to dissipate the heat put out by the engine, which is why leaving your car to idle only makes it hotter
    Funny cause my stock eg rad blocked up, on the highway at 100km/h at 3500rpm was overheating, idling and cruising under 2000rpm it was fine. As i said depends on circumstances

I have never had my car idle and overheat, your car should not overheat idling otherwise you have problems, peoples car would be overheating all the time.

At the end of the day i got a SPAL fan mated to a 42mm PWR core so my car isnt overheating anytime soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Funny cause my stock eg rad blocked up, on the highway at 100km/h at 3500rpm was overheating, idling and cruising under 2000rpm it was fine. As i said depends on circumstances

I have never had my car idle and overheat, your car should not overheat idling otherwise you have problems, peoples car would be overheating all the time.

At the end of the day i got a SPAL fan mated to a 42mm PWR core so my car isnt overheating anytime soon.
    when the tread is worn down on my tyres they dont grip. does that mean tyres dont grip of course not. the fact that your radiator doesnt work when its blocked is irrelevant...