What upgrade next

i have a 99 cxi hatch

so far i have

Tien SS (aus spec) with edfc
    whiteline front strut brace
    whiteline front and rear sway bars
    new trailing arm bush from hard race

i am very keen on doing some track work now and then
    so i was wondering if front and rear camber kits are a help?
    rear strut tower brace?
    extended ball joint (buddyclub or J's racing) will they help?

Any other ideas will be appreciated..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Track half a dozen times. Then decide. You might decide not to change the suspension more at all, but at the very least by the end of those 6 track days you will have a much better idea of what to change. Your suspension setup sounds fine for starting out at the track. You don't mention what tyres you have though? Alignment specs? Any undesirable handling traits? Suspension isn't like a lot of other aspects of car tuning, you can't just keep adding parts and expect it to go faster. It is very possible to go backwards.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    yeah i know tyres need to be upgraded, im just running nexen 3000 atm

i picked them up really realy cheap and have had them on the car for some time now.. new tyres dew in the next few months..

im looking at changing rims at some stage too something a bit lighter as the BSA'a weigh a tonne..

If you want to do track work, as chargeR says hit the track and figure it out.

The two things I'd be looking at would be tyres & brakes... other than seat time, you'll see the biggest difference at the track out of these two areas...

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    thanks guys, im lookin at doin the brakes first before i do go out, but as for tires im gunna go out on what i got, im only gunna do half day.
    i know the first few laps ill be pretty easy..

i was chatting to a guy that came into work today, he ran a set of nexans for fun at QR last year to see how they went and for a cheap tire he got 28 laps and 4 months of daily driving after that..

im lookin at new tire in the next 2 months so ill be lookin at my options soon, but for now ill go out on my cheapies..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    The biggest performance advantage you can get is from the nut behind the wheel. ;-)

Go do some track days, build some skill, feel for the car and over time it will reveal itself to you.

Just make sure its not the brakes that get revealed after 2 laps. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by big tone View Post
    i have a 99 cxi hatch

so far i have

Tien SS (aus spec) with edfc
    whiteline front strut brace
    whiteline front and rear sway bars
    new trailing arm bush from hard race

i am very keen on doing some track work now and then
    so i was wondering if front and rear camber kits are a help?
    rear strut tower brace?
    extended ball joint (buddyclub or J's racing) will they help?

Any other ideas will be appreciated..
    Camber is a great thing, but then it depends how hard you want to push it.

What are your current wheel alignment specs?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    current specs are standard... i have lowered it but not dramatically....as for camber kits n stuff.. no! all stock

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    I race on stock allignment settings and have no issue, when you become more serious about track racing, it really comes down to tyre and tyre pressure if you can't adjust your suspension. I agree with what others have said: brakes and tyres'. Can never have enough brakes when racing, when or if you decide to upgrade your brakes make sure you match the pads with the right brake temperature fluid to get the most of it. My friend changed just his fluid (to a higher rating fluid) but used stock pads and it was his pads that were the first to go. Something to keep in mind.

As for tyres, I did 6 track days (about 100+) laps and got around 15000ks out of them (Kumho KU36) before I sold it with about 1-2mm left.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    cheers.. i went to lakeside on sunday.. i noticed that 80% of the cars out there that wern't runing full slicks were using federal 959's.... few ppl said they are a great tire that is on the cheep side....

as for brakes, im going to be upgrading the fronts from stock ek1 239mm to ek4 262mm rotors and calipers but i will be getting slotted rotors from work.. and pads im either going ebc red or the
    ferodo racing pads..
    brake fluid.. well rbf600 we have on the shelf and as we do have penrite sin.... as im not going out to break any records i think at this stage ill just run with penrite sin as it is more than half price over the motul...