Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    been doing mine every 10k.
    use geniune OEM, i've heard too many issues with honda gboxes when u start using other items

Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    How often do you guys change MTF when you track your car? My gearbox feels very notchy at times ao far have nearly 32,000kms. Should I be changing fluid before or after?
    P.S Try watching some vids on youtube, there are alot of upped in car cams that will give you some idea of track lines etc.
    Last edited by Limbo; 27-06-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    Im going to wakefield park on the 30th June for the first time and I am really excitied...
    so you are going with the AUSCA boys and the Odysessy/Elgrand group

I might see you on that day but I won't be driving though

If you want I will bring the tools/tyre pressure gauge and pump

my advice is...get enough sleep the night before
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yea i guess ill bring a tyre pressure gauge and see how i go. Nevertheless, thanks for the tips! Another question about braking....i know my stock brakes are most likely going to fade...as i have already orded some pads but wont be delivered in time for track...if i just upgrade brake fluid like the one fatboyz recommended will that improve my braking ability?
    Replacing brake fluid will only prevent/delay the brake fluid boiling. It will not improve braking ability nor will it prevent brake fade. My advice is to not ride the brakes. Brake hard when you need to and then off the brake when not required. Try to reduce trail braking.

LOL u guys must be boiling then!
    Open the driver's side window.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Wow, good read so far, me and a few guys are planning on hitting wakefield mid July, will also be our first time. Any more reccomendations in regards to not having any issues and being able to actaully drive the car safely home?
    Change the required fluids before and then change everything after (except for coolant).

How often do you guys change MTF when you track your car? My gearbox feels very notchy at times ao far have nearly 32,000kms. Should I be changing fluid before or after?
    If you have never changed it in the 32000km, then change it before. You will have to change it again after the trackday.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yeah im due for my service at honda in a couple weeks. Sso i want to get that one done before thee track... So u reckon from a stock engine except for i h e, just 2 hot , 2 cool laps?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Yeah im due for my service at honda in a couple weeks. Sso i want to get that one done before thee track... So u reckon from a stock engine except for i h e, just 2 hot , 2 cool laps?
    1 warm up lap, 2 hot laps and then 1 cool down lap. Then you can go for another 2 hot laps and alternate. Be careful when you are on your cool down lap because the cars will be coming up from behind very very quickly. For the cooldown lap, I'm still going pretty quick, but the engine RPM is at about 3000-4000 rpm.

let me know when youre gonna go r3ckless i might come too
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    You should go to the SAU trackday on the 17th
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    let me know when youre gonna go r3ckless i might come too
    July 15th. its a thursday PM me if your itnerested.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Thanks for everyones advice in this thread, much appreciated! Another question, will VSA be beneficial during track or should i turn it off?? (i have a 2007 fn2r, so no LSD)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    turn it off
    VSA will make the car acting funny on track
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks for everyones advice in this thread, much appreciated! Another question, will VSA be beneficial during track or should i turn it off?? (i have a 2007 fn2r, so no LSD)
    I'd turn it off. But it is up to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    What thigns should you change in regards to fluids besides engine oil/filter?

How often should u change gearbox fluid?