Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg

Question New CRAP-CORD starting problem!!>??

This is kinda worrying cos the cars only done what, 6000 kms? its a brand new 09 accord 40TH ann edition that my rents bought...but its having this strange starting problem...If you go to start the car it will usually crank about 4 times before it fires, but a few times a month on a complently random basis (or the few random times ive driven it) it will just keep cranking and cranking and doesnt start, it just stutters after like 5 seconds...take the key out..wait a sec....try start it again, cranks about 5 times (which is a little more than usual) then finally starts...seriously wtf? it cant just be our car, has any one else with the 2.4, 4 cylinder engine had this problem? 90% of the time if works fine so i dont wanna take it to honda and waste time and money if they cant fix it...you should be able to trust a new car but i have doubts about driving far in this one
    Last edited by mike0094; 27-06-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    Surely the first place u would take it to is your honda dealer? Let them figure it out and fix it......that why you have warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    +1
    always best to go where you got it from.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    actually its happened a few times to the newer k24's we service at work. sometimes we go to start the car.. and it just cranks and cranks...

if you take it back the the dealer , they will definitely say they is no problem found , unless you can demonstrate the problem to them. ask them to check the battery, and ask them to hook the car up to a HDS ( honda diagnostic system) to scan for DTCs ( error codes).
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    damn to think new cars would be like this

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    could perhaps be a crappy or faulty battery.. should try getting the amps tested on the battery first for free at a local mechanic. takes less than 1 minute!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    itsnot the battery. i have this same problem on an accord at home. its a 2000 V6L 3.0
    ive changed starter motors and battery and it doesnt fix it. it only happens on a cold start..

from speaking to a few ppl, they have indicated that the fuel pressure is not holding very well upon start up. im too lazy to change fuel pump lol
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord 2.4
    video the problem then take it for warranty repair and hopefully you can replicate it there, if not you got the video as backup.
    I have no probs at all with my 08 2.4