Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    sounds like input shaft bearing mate. could also be engine mounts or even worse drive shafts might be on its way.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    say if the car has had a hard life would most likely be the shafts or mounts cause ive always read off the ep3 guys that mounts needed changing
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Wouldn't say it has a hard life, it hasn't done many k's. Hopefully nothing serious.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well all i noe is for me im pretty sure its the thrust bearing then, coz i can only hear the rattling sound wen i release the clutch, it sounds so ugly tho like my car is
    gona breakdown at the lights lol ... so wat i do i jus hold the clutch in to shut it up lol
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    ^^Haha, thats what I do too.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    you take ur car out of gear and sit in neutral at traffic lights?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Yeah, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DC28OY View Post
    well all i noe is for me im pretty sure its the thrust bearing then, coz i can only hear the rattling sound wen i release the clutch, it sounds so ugly tho like my car is
    gona breakdown at the lights lol ... so wat i do i jus hold the clutch in to shut it up lol
    Ha ! I had exact same problem. Its the input shaft bearings all worn (if u clutch in = sound gone) and output shaft bearing (if vice versa).
    To fix, replace all bearings = sound gone. Hurts the wallet though, about >$1,600.00 (Inc GST)

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    ^^ Thanks yo, flicked through quickly and I still don't know if its the same thing I have, might need to get it checked out .

All I know is that it can get worse whether you thrash your car or not. ie. hitting 'v-tecccc yo!'

Also, check your transmission/gearbox fluids/and other fluids, u may be lacking..