Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon

Should I bring my JDM Accord Euro CM2 Wagon over to Oz with me?

Hi guys,
    I'm currently in NZ and planning a move over in a couple of years. I have a JDM 03 CM2 Accord Euro Wagon (24T Sports Package) and can't seem to find any in Oz. How many are in Oz? If I was to head over from NZ with my car, a Japanese import, would there be compliance issues or other problems to watch out for? Needless to say, if Oz has no other Euro Wagons I'm not overly keen on bringing over the only one (pain in the arse to get parts if that's the case), and fairly sure there must be some serious issues with importing Japanese cars if the markets not flooded with them like here. Then again, it's rare/unusual and I might go through the hassles if you guys think it's worth it.
    We also have a NZDM Honda Jazz and it's wayyy different to yours... but that's probably best discussed in the Jazz forum
    Thanks in advance for the advice!
    Last edited by OZHBlue; 30-07-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    Bump with pics.

2002/3 5spd Triptronic - 24T "Sports Package" - JDM Import
    K24A2 "Red Top" Engine
    - Displacement: 2,354 cc (143.6 cu in)
    - Power: 200 PS (150 kW; 200 hp) @ 6800 rpm
    - Torque: 232 N·m (171 lb·ft) @ 4500 rpm
    - Bore: 87 mm
    - Stroke: 99 mm
    - Redline: Sequential Sportshift 7300 rpm
    Factory Sports Package Body Kit
    Factory Sports Package Spoiler
    Factory Sports Package 17" Mags
    Factory Sports Package Partial Leather
    Factory Sports Package Mesh Grille
    Factory Sports Package Red Cockpit and Upper Dashboard Display
    Factory Optional Sunroof
    Factory Optional "VSA" Traction Control
    Factory Premium Sound System - 7" Touch screen with JDM TV & AirCon Controls, components in front and rear, and subwoofer
    LED lights inside and out (only factory replacements, no additional)

Planned upgrades - Staying JDM. Panel filter upgrade and black JDM Oil dipstick.
    Last edited by OZHBlue; 02-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    So according to what I've found, as it's my vehicle and I've owned it for over a year I can bring it with - like any make or model car. Lucky I suppose as it's not on the list of allowed cars to be imported from Japan. The duty/GST is a bit silly considering it's a personal car, but that's life.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Euro wagon was never sold in Australia, only the sedan in standard and luxury trim. I've never even seen an Accord wagon in Australia so if you did bring it in, it would be unique!

Bringing cars into Australia can be a bureaucratic pain. I believe you are allowed one car as a personal import, provided you have documentation to prove you have owned the car for more than 12 months, and have lived in NZ for the alst 12 months. Modifications to the car and repairs will make it harder for the car to pass compliance. There will also be compliance costs, registration, import duty, GST...

Another member here was trying to bring a JDM CL7 Euro R into Australia, and it was going to prove to be quite expensive. Maybe other members can comment here on the pitfalls of importing a car into Oz?

IMHO likely not worth it.

- James

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    Been in NZ for 7 years, owned it since September last year. 5% duty and 10% GST plus transport steam clean and inspection, and since we're possibly bringing over a NZDM GE Jazz at the same time it's two cars for the same BS. The wagon is completely stock JDM so should fly through, but the Jazz might be another story...

Was that member coming over from NZ or elsewhere? I know purchasing and importing a car can be hard with a specified list of allowed cars, but as a personal vehicle you can bring over just about anything. The Accord Euro Wagon isn't too different from the CL9 (90% shared parts and chassis, body panels, etc) but I'm worried about compliance if there aren't any there.

BUT I came across this thread here on OZH http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=cm2 which says a guy was trying to import his from HK. Gonna hit him up and see if it made it. There's a guy on the link that says he saw one in downtown Sydney so might be at least two in Oz? If so, good news for me (compliance, parts, etc) but as he hasn't said anything more about it I wonder...

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    pics please! never seen one in Australia before!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    pics please! never seen one in Australia before!
    Post 2 should have 9 pics, can't you see them?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by OZHBlue View Post
    No pics can be seen, by me anyways

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    lol wow, never knew there was a wagon for it
    would be unique as HunterZero mentioned.
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OZHBlue View Post
    can see them now

wow nice! didnt know these existed!

to be honest, if you really really love the car and cant let go, go for the import! However, I'd just get to Australia and purchase a facelift 06 + euro lux instead

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    I have a family and a very large and strong dog, so need a wagon to get out together. Prefer this MUCH over an Odd-see, and special bonus points for being rare/unusual there so think this will definitely be coming on the boat over. Not sure about the Jazz though...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Interesting car. Looks like the Euro Sport trim we have here, except as a wagon, with a sunroof and satnav. Interesting if engine is rated at 150kW/232Nm. Here the K24A in the Euro is rated 140kW/223Nm. Maybe different emissions controls?

Wonder if the satnav will get confused over here, and pine for the fjords of NZ?

- HZ