Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

from 17 inch to 15 inch wheels

Guys,as per the title. I used to be running on 205/40/17 but recently changed to 195/50/15 but now i have a bigger gap between tyres & fender more than i like. how do i rectify this? Any suggestions welcome. Hence,i placed this in the noob section for the obvious reasons(no insults/smart-ass comments please).

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    coil over suspension and drop the height accordingly (within legal height)
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

thanks bro! i have Kings Ultra lows on it at the moment. When i had the 17's i can just barely stick a finger in between but now i can stick 2 fingers in there. Im on a tight budget due to arrival of our first born therefore coilovers will be out of the equation. Is there any other solution?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Cheapest solution is to cut the springs to lower the car more, the safest cheap option would most likely be to buy new lower springs.

Your car will sit lower and there'll be less gap between fender and the wheel
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

thanks pablos8. I appreciate your input. I might just have to live with it or buy new springs. Also,i've read in other threads that you roll fenders(forgive me if im wrong). MY bro in law cxi might need that done. If so,how much do you charge? Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Thats alright bud, its called guard rolling. The reason for that being the car sits too low and the inside edge of the fender scrubs on the tyres, you can roll these edges back (Guard rolling), and will help with the scrubbing
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    Cheapest solution is to cut the springs to lower the car more
    NOT recommended at all as this will affect the handling really badly
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Sydsyd. Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    aren't ultra low king springs supposed to be even lower than super low?

one option that u might want to try is to ask if king springs can compress the springs even more...i had a mate who compressed his rear springs cos it wasn't low enough...
    Team Yum Cha Daily

it was perfect height when i had the 17's on but when i went for 15's a few days ago it looked higher & gap has increased(almost doubled as per my first post).

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    i guess it could be caused by the rims diameter, the bigger the diameter, the less gap u'd have...but i might be wrong
    Team Yum Cha Daily

thanks guys for all your inputs however if there are anyone out there who has a professional answer that can correct what we have already discussed. Please feel free to do so. cheers!