Urgent::::: DC5R problem... When accelerating normally

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what this could be, if its serious, or just a belt in need of replacing of fan etc...

When I went to accelerate, a kind of vaccum noise was made, not too loud, its most distinct from 1000rpm to around 4000rpm. Only mods are an air filter and after market exhaust, but i dont think its from the exhaust.

Does anyone know what this is!??? please reply ASAP THANKS.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I think it is better if you can record it.. it is hard to imagine how vacuum noise is like..
    Project R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    is it a pod/cold air intake? if it's pretty quiet it may just be the natural sound the aftermarket intake makes? but don't hold me to that haha

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    if its like a really whining noise which can be totally different from what uve talked bout sometimes wiring issues do that like cd players or amps...ive had it happen in 1 of my car when a wire fell out it sounded supercharged and got louder as u gave it but stoped at high revs

nah its kinda like air blowing, ive heard it could be the air duct? anyone know anything about that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Best to take it to a mechanic and just tell them, because we/I have no idea what your trying to describe. Unless you would like to post up a video of this bizzare problem,

my .02c

Goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    You have CAI/SRI??

Could be just induction noise....who knows! You need to elaborate a little here!

Member Array
    Car:
    nuggetR
    i think i know what ur talking bout n i tthink it is the induction noise.. as neopolitan said.. does it only happen when u tap ur foot on the accelerator fast?

if so its just air being sucked in by ur air filter... its like a suck suck sound? n u probably cant hear itt above 4k because the exhaust / engine noise overpowers the sucking.... sounds hot imo... could b wrong tho

pop the bonnet n get a mate to help u locate where the sounds coming from. id say its the air filter goodluck
    Last edited by Moey.C; 02-07-2010 at 04:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    does it sound like a turbo spooling at very low RPM? I think its your intake, because i always like to push my car a bit just to hear this sound. I reckon is sounds good haha!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
    does it sound like a turbo spooling at very low RPM? I think its your intake, because i always like to push my car a bit just to hear this sound. I reckon is sounds good haha!
    Mine whines sounding like a supercharger at low RPM , weird huh? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Sounds like a blocked exhaust cat