Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Buddy Club N+ Setup/Installation

Hey all just enquiring about some information regarding the installation of the N+ coilovers.

I have read on a TSX forum that the N+ are to be setup at 200mm front spring height and 240mm rear spring height. I backed off the spring retainers, then re-tightened them up to suit those dimensions. With the 200 and 240mm respectively they just seat nicely and are not loose, nor too tight in the hangars.

I will measure these more accurately prior to installation, and adjusted the lower assembly so each coilover was even, i think i went (from lowest point of spring locking nut to top locking nut of the lower assembly) 90mm front and 95mm rear. I will also do this more accurately before installation.

Sitting upright on the ground they sit perfectly even.

Now my main question is have i adjusted the springs correctly??????????? (i didnt tighten the shit outta them - just put a slight bit of pressure on them so they dont rattle in their hangars) ------------ and the height adjustment will be a trial and error process once on the ground.

I know about removing the rear seats for the rear nuts on the shock tower, and about preloading the suspension before tightening. Please see some pics below to see if i have started setting this up correctly.

Thanks all.

Front assembly - approximately 200mm spring height (firm in the hangars but not loose either)

Front assembly - approximately 90mm between locknuts

Rear assembly - approximately 240mm spring height (once again, firm in the hangars)

Rear assembly - approximately 95mm between locknuts
    Last edited by Neesmo31; 01-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03'
    mate are these brand spanker or second hand, interested to see how much they cost you and how it all goes..... im no help with this stuff but hope all goes well and it looks lowwww!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    guud job

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks guys. Is this the correct setup though? Yeah mate brand spanners.
    Last edited by Neesmo31; 02-07-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    i say do not touch the spring loading when u bought it new the manufacture should have done it properly when they made.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The fronts didnt change much at all (couple of mm) and the rears moved about 8-9mm to get the 200/240 measurement.

This was taken off their official website and i believe it it for the spring rates at that certain compression measurement - the captured measurement of the spring, and what rate it will be at that captured measurement.
    V
    "Accord CL7 12/200 6/240 $1,699"
    Last edited by Neesmo31; 02-07-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Talked to AAI Motorsport, and basically what i have done is correct. The captive height of the springs should be 200mm front and 240mm rear.

I have already adjusted the height of the springs to those dimensions, and locked them into place with the locking ring.

I will take some chassis height dimensions prior to installation, so I can work out ride height in hopefully 1-2 steps, rather than trial and error.

If this all goes well i might write up an easy installation guide for people who would like to do this in the future.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Done, will post pics and some information later. One thing straight up it is sooooo low atm... will have to raise the front up heaps.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 + 180sx
    Any pics ?

Would also been keen on a dyi guide !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah i would like to do one, i took heaps of photos for the front, but not much from the rear. Did get some though. At least (because i took heaps of dimensions) i can give a fairly accurate guide how to set the ride you you want straight off the bat. I love the look of the front but its too low. lol. I think it droped 60mm rear and about 80mm front. lol
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    and how do u find the ride?

pics! =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Ride is brillaint, i am very very happy with the product, i think the build quality is excellent and the ride/handling is on par with that. I would recommend these to anyone who wants to lower their euro, or who wants better handling. Love them. I am going to set the ride hieght up a bit better this afternoon but here is a pic of the car straight off the bat.

Honda Accord Euro