Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury

Lowering Question?

I have a VTIR EK 3 door hatch and I just recently put 17" x 7" rims on the car and looking to put super low King Springs. I can hear the tyres already scrubbing every now and then over speed humps and over large ditches.
    A friend of mine told me I have to get the wheel arches rolled before I put the King Springs on? Is this true? And where can I get this done?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe Vti
    i have 17's on my and no problem and have lowered by 60 mm. do aligment and proper balance them after putting coilovers in some good garage and you should be alright

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    Mad. Thanks.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What's your wheel offset? I have 15x7 +35 on my CRX with RS*R shocks and King springs low - they scrub on bumps.

My civic had 17x7 (can't remember offset) and they rooted the stock sussy, so I rubbed guards non-stop with a rear driver's side passenger or if I cornered moderately hard or hit a bump.

7" you need to be careful of offset, probably +45 minimum if you wanna clear guards.
    Rear guard rolling is important as well.
    Avoid camber on your daily driver as the tyres won't wear out properly.

But honestly I recently changed to 15x6 EM1 rims on my EH9 Civic - best thing I ever did. No rubbing, ever, with passengers, bumps or corners. More comfortable. And that's what a daily driver is about.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe Vti
    for the rear problem camber kit or washers to ur stock cambers for straighting the wheels

how will washers help? im actually curious

Member Array
    You install them between your chassis and the camber arm. The washer helps extends the camber arm, which causes less camber on the wheel.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by LLS View Post
    You install them between your chassis and the camber arm. The washer helps extends the camber arm, which causes less camber on the wheel.
    x2 but you need count first how tick they should be, i done them in my and its grant

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    No one prolly cares.. but i have a picture of this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us