04 VTiS 1.5ltr doing 7.3/100 on 16" rims

was getting 6.7/100 on stock rims

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by BBHEnZ View Post
    04 VTiS 1.5ltr doing 7.3/100 on 16" rims

was getting 6.7/100 on stock rims
    What size tyres are you running on the 16" rims?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    lol i get pretty much the same between both on tyres that vary about 1% in diameter

(lightweight 16s and stock)

Something must be wrong with mine.. GD3 VTIS CVT 8.8l/100km.. Used to be around 7.8, but after my last service it has jumped to 8.8. Honda said everything is ok...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by red_s2000 View Post
    Something must be wrong with mine.. GD3 VTIS CVT 8.8l/100km.. Used to be around 7.8, but after my last service it has jumped to 8.8. Honda said everything is ok...
    Have you done the calculations manually or are you going by the dash computer display?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    reset your tripmeter, and do 100kms whilst driving in D and try not to exceed 4000rpm, when accelerating let it climb to about 2000rpm. and cruising should be abt 1500ish at 70lm/h your end figure should be about 6l/100, if not then something is off.

Cheers. I will give that a try... yes, I was going by the trip computer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by red_s2000 View Post
    yes, I was going by the trip computer.
    There's definately an issue if you're really using 8.8 l/100km. Even 7.8 l/100km is excessive, unless you drive like you're on a race track or in heavily congested traffic for nearly all of your driving.

How many km's do you get out of a tank? You should be getting 600 but you would be getting <450 if you're using 8.8 l/100km.

First thing to do before you atempt to troubleshoot is to check the accuracy of your trip computer. They can be inaccurate depending on the type of fuel you're using. After filling the tank to the top, reset your trip computer. After travelling a few hundred kms refill the tank again to the top and record the number of litres used (on the bowser), the trip distance travelled and the trip computer l/100km. Real L/100km is then worked out by the following calculation:

LITRES divided by KILOMETRES multiplied by 100 = l/100km

Compare this to what your trip computer says to determine if your trip computer is accurate. If you get roughly the same answer as your trip computer you should then start troubleshooting your high fuel consumption issue.

yeah, my friend's VTI-S manual gets around 6.6 and he drives like he is on a racetrack. I initally blamed my high consumption to Auto and lots of city traffic driving, but still 8.8 is very high. I will reset the computer, follow the driving technique as suggested by GU357, then refill the tank and check to to see if my computer is accurate. Will report back...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Red_s2k try your best to drive on open-ish roads, im not sure how bad traffic is where u r but in perth its easy for me to achieve low consumption.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    also i run on 98 always (debatable whether or not its any good), and when u reset the trip meter dont be scared by the initial figures the computer gives out, mine will say things like 20l/100 until i actually get some distance into the trip comp the thing is useless, and will give back poor averages.

Ok, I have filled up the tank twice now and did the manual calculation. Both times I got 7.8l/100km, whereas the computer read 8.8l/100km (i reset it after the first refill). Is there a way to adjust the computer?