Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    My Jazz when new was giving really bad mileage, until about 2,000KM on the odometer, but as it's aged, it's really settled down. A friend consistently gets 5.0L/100KM, I consistently get 5.5-5.7L/100KM, and have done the maths.

North Brisbane to Gold Coast return 5 times (1 return per day, approx 125KM in each direction, totalling 250KM) was giving me 5.2L/100KM, running at 110KHM, just over 3,000RPM

I estimated a 42L tank could potentially travel 800KM, but that would be absolutely running the trank dry (they're not THAT heavy to push, right?)

Two important factors :
    1. an un-modded 1.3L iDSI motor
    2. Standard grade 91RON unleaded fuel

Cheers,

Blip.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Friend of mine had a Jazz for about 2 years, and got about 6.0 to 6.5 L / 100km, doing mainly city driving ie lots of short trips in heavy traffic.

I get around 8L / 100km with my Integra.

I just run my tank down and refueled with Shell VPower last night. Hope it will somehow improve.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    i had my work car (jazz vtis) up to 122.soemthing per 100 KMS LOL but i was in first gear all the way down nepean HWY, dont tell my boss. its one of them 7 speed jazz's with panel shift

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Civic hatch; 06 jazz

Smile trip

During the 2007 Queensland Queen's birthday weekend my wife took a drive from Logan City (just south of Brisbane) to Noosa and achieved 4.8 litre per 100 km.

Normally however just around the city to and from work we only get 5.9 litre / 100km.

1.3 litre engine CVT no mods to body or mechanicals 5,000 km on clock.
    Windows up for better aerodynamics and air conditioner on all the way.
    Last edited by gramin; 06-08-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: had kms wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI 05
    6.1 for VTI is possible, 6.7 is when you sometimes wait within a jam (manual), word is said that with a VTIS it never reach as low as 6.1, maybe its slightly higher weight triggers it, but fuel efficiency of this car isnt a problem at all, 6.3 means you can drive for more than 600km with one tank of petrol, how exciting is that?! more importantly, you dont have to go with 95, that saves too.

Oh, and the computer's kinda stupid, the read of your first quarter tank or 1/3 would determine the read of the rest unless you got a long enough highway to go or jammed up really bad.

anyway the computer together with a lot of other features are nothing you would expect in a such small car, and they are just what to encourage you to pay more than you should, play with it, but dont really lay your faith with it, hehe.
    Last edited by jr05; 18-07-2007 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lglglg View Post
    I just run my tank down and refueled with Shell VPower last night. Hope it will somehow improve.
    I've done a series of high octane fuel tests with my 1.3L engine, minimum of three full tanks to ensure all the old 91 ron is flushed out, and run 98 ron premium shell fuel

From what I could see, made virtually NO difference in either performance, or actual mileage distance.

Previous car (Commodore) got a marked improvement on distance, but not in performance. I think the 1.5L Vtec motor may get a better result, given it's tuned to give higher perfromance.

Next thing i'm going to try is three tanks of 10% ethanol blend, so see what difference it makes on mileage, my bet is.....not much

hrmm i only do 6.7l/100kms, but i mainly commute to work and back and most of it is highway, my worse is 9l/100km
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord VTI-L 2009
    mine is about 8.9 - 9.6 /100 kms. Not too sure why it drinks lots of petrol.

I just ran my Jazz to Hervey Bay and back clocking around 600km on Shell VPower. My result - 6.6L/100km. Now when I travel around town to work and home, the most I get is 6.9L/100km.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord VTI-L 2009
    test drive me jazz to wollongong NSW, it was running 6.4L/100Km.... I also run it with BP ultimate.... Engine is more responsive and fuel consumption is more efficient...

I noticed when I put a drop in K&N panel filter I got a lot more distance out of my car (avg 50km). Its re-usable so u wont need to change it ever again, Which is a fair bit of saving in the long run IMO. Not a bad investment of $100.