Hybrid View

This is an old thread but like me others must still be replacing their actuators so thought I would add my experience.

I have a 2005 Euro Lux with 100K kms. The passenger door lock actuator had completely failed and the drivers was intermittent. I asked Honda for a quote for the passenger door. The part was quoted at $255.35 and the full job was $381. I got the part from ebay for $19. There were some there at $12 but went for a 'Premium Reseller' and splashed out for the $19 one. I did the passenger door first. It took just on an hour. The drivers door took 40 mins even though there is extra work involved in detaching the rod to the key lock. Once you get used to the process it becomes relatively straight forward and can now get the panel off in under 5 mins..The tip with the vice grips worked a treat and made easy work of unscrewing the door lock screws. The hardest part is re-inserting the window channel guide. I made one error which meant taking the panels off again which is why I got good at it. When re-attaching the cable to the internal door handle there is an extra step I missed. The cable runs inside a casing.This casing has a grooved rubber part near the door opener end that has to be pushed into a holding slot. If you miss out doing this as I did, when you pull on the handle the whole cable casing and all moves and does not open the door lock. I may be the only who has made this error but thought I would document in case there are other klutzes like me out there. So the financial summary: Honda quote to do the two doors - $762. My cost Labour free( I am retired), parts $38. Savings $724. My goodwill with the Honda dealer here in the Gold Coast is completely gone.
    Great forum. Savings made entirely because of this group. Many thanks to all who contributed to my education.
    Last edited by Mike2005Euro; 01-09-2016 at 09:43 AM. Reason: missed out tet