Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by julius8605 View Post
    Just a quick follow up,

I got my spare remote from UK ebay seller (requested one that compatible in AUS)
    for under $60 shipped.

Got key cut at Nigel Shoe repair for $15

Went to Honda North in Osborne Park for coding the immobiliser and they also program the central locking for $80

all up for $155 for a spare

all works perfectly fine but i might have to replace the battery in the new remote as only sometime u have to press 3 or 4 times to works..
    Is your car a CL9? I have been having issues trying to get the correct immobiliser key. I have tried ordering the chips as well.

Yes, my car is cl9 2004 accord euro

Did u order the flip key from this ebay seller?
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/flipkey/Ho...4.l1581&_pgn=1

Make sure u contact him first and ask for the Australian version remote...

Hope this help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 6sp
    Did u order the flip key from this ebay seller?
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/flipkey/Ho...4.l1581&_pgn=1
    No, I bought a 2nd hand Accord key from the UK. The remotes were programmable and worked but my key was a V and that key I got was an H so it had a different immobiliser chip.

I researched and found the chip ID to be 8E or something and ordered just the chips from China. Honda weren't able to program those chips. Tried PVR locksmiths in Mascot and found that the chips weren't right so they gave me the "correct" chip although they weren't able to program it and asked me to go back to Honda. Honda weren't able to program the ones given by PVR either.

So I might contact that seller you mentioned order one. Was it a flipkey by the way? You mentioned a UK seller. The link you gave was from the US. Is it the same?
    Last edited by kksh; 04-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Yes, i bought the flip key...

Im sure i bought the whole flip key from the ebay seller, the link i just posted today.
    Tell him your car: eg 2004 honda accord euro australia spec and there is 'v' on your key

Im not sure about the chip model etc...have not try it that way myself.
    What i did was:

1. Buy complete flip key for aus from ebay
    2. Get it cut at nigel shoe repair
    3. Get honda to program immobiliser into the key and also program the remote control to the door + boot

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 6sp
    Yes, i bought the flip key...

Im sure i bought the whole flip key from the ebay seller, the link i just posted today.
    Tell him your car: eg 2004 honda accord euro australia spec and there is 'v' on your key

Im not sure about the chip model etc...have not try it that way myself.
    What i did was:

1. Buy complete flip key for aus from ebay
    2. Get it cut at nigel shoe repair
    3. Get honda to program immobiliser into the key and also program the remote control to the door + boot
    Finally got around to it. Local Honda dealer didn't want to program the key for me and wanted to sell me the whole key+cutting+programming for $380.

So I got it programmed at PRV locksmiths in Mascot for $88 and I now have two keys. I programmed the remote myself so this ebay seller is a great find!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Hey, edras!! I think I might help you with the problem !! I think you need to Re-Programe the immobilisers. But the thing is how this is to be done ??
    Just do one thing try to open up both the keys i.e new key and old key and swap the chips. Try to start the car with the new transponder and old key.
    I think this will definitely help you!!

diggin up an old thread.

wifey lost her keys.

I thinking of grabbing this off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151102168...84.m1423.l2649

The seller has asked:

- what is the chip ID (of our AUS keys)
    - Can you tell me frequency of key. (of our Aus keys)

Does any know this?