Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bro im from melbourne too i can do it for u privatly if u like and at half the price, but if all u wants the stamp in the book then hondas the way to go
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

i called up a few honda dealers and got as low as $1010.. booked it in for friday and got a loan car for $15 so i'm happy!

age, thanks for the offer but i just got the car and its logbook is completed correctly at every 10,000km so i think i'll keep it that way.
    maybe every 5,000km i'll hit you up. where are you from?

fair enuff then mate im in hoppers crossing
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    wait
    wat could possibly cost us $1000 IN THESE SERVICES...
    i no that every 5000kms u have 2 change oil n oil filter
    which is wat i do
    i got the valve clearance and adjustment at 125,000kms and my cars on 149,000 now
    diff oil, tranny oil and fuel filter also got changed at 125,000 aswell
    all up this costed me no more then 500dollars...
    wat else wuld i need 2 change in the upcomming services :S for all this 2 equal $1000

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Age I sent you a pm about getting a service

when i owned my s2k, i was paying $160 for the minors every 10k, and i paid about $600 from a dealer for the 40k km.
    as soon as warranty expired, i took it to a honda independent. paid $100 for the minors and he charged me $450 for the majors 40k km. before i sold the car with 117k km on it, i completed the 120k km service and it cost me $450. this was about 4 years ago.
    stealership will rob u blind

it's all about the Honda stamp for me

any reason for that flawed logic? honestly, do u think it will add to the value of the car? think about it realistically. u pay at least $500 more for every 40k km service, so thats $1500 there, u pay at least $100 more for the minors, so thats another $1000 there. so ur $2500 behind to start with.
    next, if 2 similar s2000 were on the market, then the one that sells for a higher price will be the one that is in better condition. service history if complete makes little effect on the resale. especially if its done by a well known workshop, in fact, most people trust a well known independent than stealers.
    anyway, its ur money, piss it away however u want. im jsut trying to help people save some cash

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Yellow makes quite a good point there

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    when i owned my s2k, i was paying $160 for the minors every 10k, and i paid about $600 from a dealer for the 40k km.
    as soon as warranty expired, i took it to a honda independent. paid $100 for the minors and he charged me $450 for the majors 40k km. before i sold the car with 117k km on it, i completed the 120k km service and it cost me $450. this was about 4 years ago.
    stealership will rob u blind
    which independant did you service with? which state are you in?

I'm in nsw, I live in Sydney now but I used to live in Newcastle.
    I had my s2k serviced at kloster Honda under warranty period but went to David brown automotive in Gateshead, Dave brown was the head mech at klosters for 11 years but opened his own workshop with ken walker, a ford mech