Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JN7 View Post
    i called up a few honda dealers and got as low as $1010.. booked it in for friday and got a loan car for $15 so i'm happy!
    Told you so!
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Can't understand how u can be happy paying twice as much for a routine service. Fool and their money.....

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    agreed with yellow, the price of those services, you wont even get back when you sell the car

Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    any reason for that flawed logic? honestly, do u think it will add to the value of the car? think about it realistically. u pay at least $500 more for every 40k km service, so thats $1500 there, u pay at least $100 more for the minors, so thats another $1000 there. so ur $2500 behind to start with.
    next, if 2 similar s2000 were on the market, then the one that sells for a higher price will be the one that is in better condition. service history if complete makes little effect on the resale. especially if its done by a well known workshop, in fact, most people trust a well known independent than stealers.
    anyway, its ur money, piss it away however u want. im jsut trying to help people save some cash
    I rly like this...
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

It's not like I don't know wat I'm talking about, I have owned 2 s2000's, both I bought new back in early 2001, one was written off, but that's another story.
    I experienced all the ownership issues with the car for some 120k km when I owned the cars- replaced roof thru warranty, buzzing clutch thru warranty, serviced at a dealer and with independent, tried numerous tyres, tracked at Wakefield, driven in the rain with roof off many times, pretty much everything u can do with the s2k, I've done or seen myself, most great but some bad

never really thought it about like that. you've got fair points. i guess i'll think twice for my next service perhaps?

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    yes u shuld john
    lmao
    like i said. go 2 honda for everything except ur oil.
    we can do the oil our selves
    diff oil tranny oil and engine oil
    just drop by my house
    and that way u will also know wat oil is being put in ur car.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    does anybody know somwhere relatively cheap in melbourne to get it done? I dont need the honda stamp and I can do the oil/filter change myself

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    if u want to do ur fuel filter and diff and tranny oil
    i suggest 'EDGE motorworks' in campbellfield.
    top guys there man

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamay, do you know how much they'd charge aprox? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    it cost me 420 for the lot
    diff oil change, tranny oil change, the purchase of a genuine honda fuel filter and the labour for that aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    Shit, that's pretty cheap. And that's for the full major service? I might give them a call this week