Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    correct me if i'm wrong but don't think that covers a full major service, only the fluid and filter changes he listed. no valve clearance inspection/adjustment or any of the other bs inspections they do (suspension, steering tie rods, etc).

if you can do engine oil yourself, tranny and diff fluid are a breeze. do them yourself if you have a jack and stands, no point paying someone to do them when it's so simple. just don't strip the bolts!

fuel filter (or the 'fuel sock' that the S has) is a labour intensive job - something I'd pay to get done. CRS said it's around a 4 hour job. does anyone know what the interval for this is? I think it's 100,000km. need to check my logbooks, lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    apparently u change fuel filter every 40,000kms
    thats wat it writes in the manual
    4 hours really for fuel filter?
    my mechanic did it in 1 hour?
    the annoying part is the fact that u pretty much have 2 remove the parcel shelf 2 get 2 it properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    oh and did i also mention that in that service
    i also got my clutch master cylinder changed aswell.
    so it costed me 420 added up including the brand new fuel filter and clutch master cylinder (both original and brand new from honda) PLUS diff n tranny oil AND labour
    dont no how much he will charge other customers because i no him quite well. apparently he doesnt really do hondas....usually only turbo jap cars but he made an exclusion for me bcuz my cuzn works for him as apprentice
    give him a go but
    he might be able 2 help you guys out
    with the valve clearance...i went striaght to wirraway honda and they charged me only 150 for that
    took them a whole day but

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    LOLLLL dejavu
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    LOL oh fair enough, I think we get the message

Looks like I gotta look up this fuel filter again

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    I just phoned Geelong Honda care and they quoted me $500 minus the oil change and air filter replacemet. I figure i'd may as well just pay $80 for a k&n filter than to buy another oem for $80 that I will have to replace again in 40,000 ks. Hopefully they won't try and hit me with hidden costs when I go to pick the car up.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Woops lmao

Tamay should be banned.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    i agree

Member Array
    Car:
    I just got my car back from having my 160,000 service at Geelong Honda Care. Im doing my own oil/filter change and I told them not to worry about changing the air filter as Im getting an after market intake in the next couple of weeks. They only charged me $400 for the major service, minus the things I just mentioned. They also hooked me up with some free extra plastic screws that I was missing in my car. From what I can tell they did a great job and my car is driving great.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    im on 150,000kms now
    wat did they do for the service that cost u 400?

Member Array
    Car:
    Everything that the service manual states for the major service. New fuel filter, coolant, valve clearance, tranny oil, diff oil and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.