Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda ride-on

Beeping while ignition is on

Ive recently purchased an EG Vti civic and occasionally when i turn the ignition on it makes 6 short beeps, no lights are on in the dash and im just wondering what the noise is and what its for?

Quote Originally Posted by oken View Post
    Ive recently purchased an EG Vti civic and occasionally when i turn the ignition on it makes 6 short beeps, no lights are on in the dash and im just wondering what the noise is and what its for?
    it could be an alarm you have or could be your CD player.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    its for your seatbelt. try putting on your seatbelt before turning it on and it wont beep

does it have srs?? it might just be the srs check.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda ride-on
    nah its not an alarm or CD player, its the same sound as when u leave your headlights on after the car is switched off and open your door.

Thanx NSPYRE ill give that a shot tonight when i head home.

javer81, yeah it does have SRS but the light isnt on when its beeping, i wud assume if there was a fault the light wud stay on?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    No, NSPYRE is definitely correct.

I hate that f'ing beeping sound in my Civic because mine is seriously loud compared to my brother's Integra. I literally get in my car and put my seatbelt on before anything else so that I don't have to hear it - it drives my GF nuts because if it's 40 degrees the first thing she does is open her window, but not me...not for the sake of that damned beeping noise.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    disconnect the plug under ur seat and it should go away, or maybe thats just for the seatbelt light

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    disconnect the plug under ur seat and it should go away, or maybe thats just for the seatbelt light
    its just for seat belt light

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It's related to the ignition/seatbelt only. I suppose the car isn't supposed to be started unless you're sitting in the driver's seat with your belt on responsibly

every farkn EG does this, including mine LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    this does the trick. have done it on the 2 EG's and 3 integra's i've come across

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm doing it tomorrow then lol