Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Yellow Integra DC2R

Maximum Wheel size for CL9 Euro?

Hey guys

I've got a CL9 Euro and I'm looking to get some 18 inch rims. The guy at the shop told me that the widest I can go is 18x8, but I'm sure I've see ppl have 18x9 before. My question is, what is the maximum size width? Did the guy have to modify his guards to fit 18x9? would 18x8.5 also fit? What's involved it widening the guards?

Sorry for all the noob questions...

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    im running 9's on the rears and 8's on the front but the 9's have a pretty high offest +67 with an 8mm spacer might up it to an 15mm one soon tho =P no mods to guards for me tho

to widen the guards, you could roll the lip so that flap on the inside is flat allowing a little bit more clearance
    or you could flare the guards giving more clearance too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 & EK4
    +67???

anyway go to http://www.rimtuck.com/
    hope it helps

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Euro Lux AT
    Quote Originally Posted by teggiboy View Post
    Hey guys

I've got a CL9 Euro and I'm looking to get some 18 inch rims. The guy at the shop told me that the widest I can go is 18x8, but I'm sure I've see ppl have 18x9 before. My question is, what is the maximum size width? Did the guy have to modify his guards to fit 18x9? would 18x8.5 also fit? What's involved it widening the guards?

Sorry for all the noob questions...
    you can fit almost anything dude.. just depends on how much money you got.. i spend $2700 (wheels + tyres + rays lugs + fender work) to get 18x9.5 +25 all round to fit. Dont listen to the tyre shops. they know jack shit.
    3TripleZero
    S T A N C E | W O R K S

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    Quote Originally Posted by x10Hz View Post
    you can fit almost anything dude.. just depends on how much money you got.. i spend $2700 (wheels + tyres + rays lugs + fender work) to get 18x9.5 +25 all round to fit. Dont listen to the tyre shops. they know jack shit.
    exactly what my mans said!

you can fit ANYTHING on your car with the correct work/measurements/tyre sizes man.

don't bother listening to tyre shops about what wheels are correct for your car because no doubt they'll reccomend some 18x7.5 or 18x8.

by all means you don't have to go ridiculous fitment like 9.5 or 10, most of the time stupid fitment is done by all the hellaflush douches.....like Sem and myself shortly and isn't the most practical.

....but you can definitely fit 9's all round with a mid +30ish offset no worries, with the correct tyres for enough clearance you'll be fine. 18x9 on a euro is cake. 225/40 for the tyres is fine too.

good luck!
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by max9907.0422 View Post
    +67???

anyway go to http://www.rimtuck.com/
    hope it helps
    haha yea... it may be just a teensy bit too much ahaha... but yea came off my mates s2000... but they are nice rims so im not complaining haha

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    +67 doesn't hit your brake calipers???

+45 on my front and rear clears by only a few mm lol

epic high offset...
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    running mine in 8.5 all round with +40 offset

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceMeister View Post
    +67 doesn't hit your brake calipers???

+45 on my front and rear clears by only a few mm lol

epic high offset...
    haha yea... doesnt for some reason.. quite the odd offset
    i get plenty of shit from my mates =="

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by x10Hz View Post
    Well, you should consider the law as well because if you have an accident and your car is out of the maximum range allowed by the law, your insurance doesn't pay out and if you live in a state where you can be sued for injuries to third parties (ie most OZ states), then you can say goodbye to the rest of your working life which you'll spend paying off the legal debts.
    Last edited by SPQR; 19-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    yeah, most tyre shops say that coz the whole thing about onli being with meeting with vehicle modding limits/standards, like being able to go 1inch wider in width from stock oem rim at most and something of 2 inch bigger in diameter at most. I think its soemthing like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Euro Lux AT
    lolz, buck up :P
    3TripleZero
    S T A N C E | W O R K S