Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R

Thin head gasket.

I am looking into a car with a thin head gasket installed in it.

I was wondering apart from raising the compression, how does it affect the car? Like I researched on OH and found out that Adrian from toda said it'd retard the timing.

It has adjustable cam gears (running on stock ITR cams), does it have to be set by a tuner, or just by a mechanic?

And in other places that it says that the valves might hit the pistons because of the head gasket.

It's running on stock ecu, wouldn't the higher compression and different cam settings etc make the ecu confused. So would I need an ecu like hondata?

I'm noob to engine internals, what do I do here?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    youll be fine your not going to hit your valves... would be curious to know what sort of head gasket it is??

try find out what sort of compression ratio your running then you know what sort of headgasket you have.

the car will run fine without an aftermarket ecu. but to gain full advantage over ANY engine modification you should run an aftermarket ecu

hope this helps

alex
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Hey mate,

Unless you know what gasket is being used and the details of all mods, then maybe it may be wise to look for a car with a stock block, that way if anything goes wrong, you wont have too much of a headache.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Oh okay, thanks for the input guys. Umm.. why do I have to find out what gasket is being used? Does it make a difference on the brand? Even if they are different thicknesses the compression changes between them are minimal isn't it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    with the higher comp and retarding of timing you'll make a little more torque and power in the top end of the rev range. due to higher cylinder pressure. but expect to have slightly slower lower end rev 's.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Thanks, but it has nothing to do with like reliability etc does it?

This is actually the car...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=127EF2C9AC99

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    hey jason.

i went to have a look at this car when i was gonna buy a type r.

its in IMMAC condition. would be a A+ buy.
    car runs smooth and the guy who owns it is a top bloke. this car isnt molested.

in regards to putting a thinner head gasket. you raise compression.

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    You can run a Spoon, Mugen or BuddyClub gasket to increase the compression.
    But be warned, the thinner head gasket will cause your cams to become slightly retarded possibly offsetting the slight gain you will achive by increasing the comp by a small margin.
    This can be corrected through the use a set of adjustable cam pulleys.
    if you want toda camshafts+camgears,mugen air box n the rest of the bullguc ask me soon. car will be parting out within a week. =]

sammuel
    Last edited by Samm928; 09-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.