Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Looking for realiable, cheap(in price not quality) B series headers

Honda Integra B18C2

Hey dudes,

I'm in the market for headers, preferably 4-2-1 racing headers. I've looked at some reviews, build-up pages, and some stores on the net and I only came accross these certain brands

Mugen 4-1
    Skunk2
    Tri Y

I just bought an exhaust system so I want something that has quality to accomodate with it, the exhaust system is a Buddy club spec 3. The budget I have for headers will be up to $600max. But the stores on the net I go to has headers over $1,000 (skunk2, toda, etc) and I can't afford to pay that much for headers.

Can someone please educate me in what headers that are good for my budget... Something quality/preformance is all I'm after...

Please educate me, and post up some links.
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 & da9
    well... unfortunately budget and quality/performace don't mix well in the honda scene...

you can get very good custom headers from the US which will cost you well over 1k (smsp, hytech tri Y, etc.)
    you can also get high performance off the shelf JDM headers which will also cost you more then 1k (toda, mugen)

Then you can get midrange cheaper quality headers (5zigen, ?? nothing else comes to mind...) ($700 roughly)

Then you enter the bang for your buck range, (DC sports, JDM ITR, x-force - dont knock these, they are great for the price and made same peak power as my hytech Tri-Y replicas)

And dont forget you also have a range of replica headers (toda replicas, Hytech Tri-Y Replicas, Smsp replicas) which arnt the same in terms of quaility when compared to the originals, but do follow the designs that have been proven to make power. Though its a hit and miss kinda thing with the replicas... some make good power and some are duds...

anything less then these i personally would not bother. You'll be wasting your time and money and chances are, you might actually lose power.
    Last edited by taman; 10-07-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by taman View Post
    well... unfortunately budget and quality/performace don't mix well in the honda scene...

you can get very good custom headers from the US which will cost you well over 1k (smsp, hytech tri Y, etc.)
    you can also get high performance off the shelf JDM headers which will also cost you more then 1k (toda, mugen)

Then you can get midrange cheaper quality headers (5zigen, ?? nothing else comes to mind...) ($700 roughly)

Then you enter the bang for your buck range, (DC sports, JDM ITR, x-force - dont knock these, they are great for the price and made same peak power as my hytech Tri-Y replicas)

And dont forget you also have a range of replica headers (toda replicas, Hytech Tri-Y Replicas, Smsp replicas) which arnt the same in terms of quaility when compared to the originals, but do follow the designs that have been proven to make power. Though its a hit and miss kinda thing with the replicas... some make good power and some are duds...

anything less then these i personally would not bother. You'll be wasting your time and money and chances are, you might actually lose power.
    Thank you heaps for the input, +1 rep for you.

I'll have a read about replicas, anymore info would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I sold my Spoon Header 4-2-1 for $650 not long ago, awesome headers and good gain

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 & da9
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Thank you heaps for the input, +1 rep for you.

I'll have a read about replicas, anymore info would be great.
    well the two popular ones are the hytech rep. and the toda rep.

take this with a grain of salt but some people say that hytech's work better on larger motors 1.8L> and toda reps. works better on smaller motors 1.6L. But thats not to say that the toda reps wont perform well.

I guess the deciding factors you need to keep in mind are,

-how far are you going to take your car performace wise
    -Cost/installation - (note. the Hytech Rep is a long-type header which means you will have to shorten your cat)
    -And this is a serious one, how low is your car or how low do u plan on going in future?
    If you're car is slammed or you plan on slamming it, i would suggest you look away from the Hytech reps, as the ground clearance on that style header is bullshit.

Since you're in QLD you might also want to take a look at this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...on-CF-Hood-DC2
    Last edited by taman; 10-07-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    Would you guys say the best place to buy a replica would be ebay? or are there other gud places

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    there are alot of members on this forum selling 2nd hand headers but they are still in top nick! as long as they dont have dents on the bottom of the header then its all good.
    that 5zigen onein brizzy is a good buy, go check it out then decide.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Your best solution would be to get a jdm itr 4-1 header or you can save up and buy a better quality for more money, why are you particularly after 4-2-1?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by sretocz View Post
    Your best solution would be to get a jdm itr 4-1 header or you can save up and buy a better quality for more money, why are you particularly after 4-2-1?
    I've heard a lot of good outcomes by 4-2-1 headers, other than 4-1 headers I've read that it doesn't deliver much power than the 4-2-1's.

I think I'll wait a month or two for a 2nd hand skunk2 headers to pop up, if not I'll just get new ones... Maybe TRI y, skunk2, or even toda if I win the lottery.

Thanks for all your help guys,
    +1 rep to all

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    4-1 is top end power man.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    4-1 is top end power man.
    Hmm, now I'll have a think about 4-1 headers.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    dont forget to bring ground clearance into consideration =]