Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5

Check engine light on and Vtec not strong??

hi guys , ive tried searching and reading from the search tab all i can about the check engine light problem but still not sure about how 2 go on the diagnostics....

the part where u put the paperclip in, its a brown wire and a black wire...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=Diagnostics

this link says its a brown wire and a green with white striped wire....will i burn anything if i stick that paperclip into the brown wire and black wire???

so yeah.....the check engine light came on when i vtec-ed it and then i didnt dare try to vtec it again...
    also the vtec doesnt feel really strong...feels more like a b16a

i will greatly appreciate all your help....thanks....
    its a eg4 with b18cr in it...also the vtec doesnt feel really strong...feels more like a b16a

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Hey

Yes you are meant to connect the two pin wires together. I used a paper clip and it worked fine, turn the iginition off and on again. check for flashes.

Hope this helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    okay...i have just diagnosed the ecu and it shows a code 22 - vtec pressure valve....and ideas or tips on how i should go about and check this?

also the vtec light comes on after the first vtec and then vtec doesnt come on anymore....
    Last edited by davoh; 13-07-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    info on testing is in the factory service manual. if its broken replace it!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    i dont have the service manual as im in malaysia and they dont sell the haynes manual book here as well... and what might be broken in your opinion....

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    FSM is Factory Honda Service Manual. not crappy haynes ones

can be downloaded from here ----> http://www.spoonertuner.com/manuals

not sure what could be wrong. Looking through the service manual the method of checking it is pretty complicated and unless you have the correct tools may be difficult.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    ok...now i had a look at the ecu and its a P30 ecu...so i googled on p30's and apparently they are for b16a engines...

do you think that might be why my car feels more of a b16a and is causing the check light to turn on?