Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB7 Rebuild

Member Array
    Car:
    R33GTS-T, 300zxTT, 93 CB7

CB7 Rebuild

I thought I would start a thread my progress in rebuilding the CB7. The members of Ozhonda have always helped me out answering my questions in the past, so hopefully i can give something back to the community. I'm going to try and add lots of pics, and hopefully people will find this thread interesting =)

As l upload pictures and information about the progress please feel free to ask questions.

Intro
    The car was crashed about 2 years ago and if it wasn't for the tow bar on the car in front, it would have been fixed up in no time. Unfortunately a new car was needed right away so the CB7 has sat around in my shed waiting for me to do something with it.

The following two pictures where taken the day after the incident when I got the car back home.

Initial damage

Initial damage

At this point i decided to take a closer look at the damage and work out if I would have time to fix it up, or to just put it up for sale.

Front bar and head lights removed

A closer look at the damage

A closer look from the side

Quick shut the bonnet it doesn't look so bad. It'll buff out =P

This is the way the car has sat for nearly two years. I originally put it up for sale on Ozhonda at this point thinking I was to busy to to anything with. It turned into a state of "out of site out of mind." After some initial interest from other members who where either from a different state and couldn't' justify the transport costs, or who would have bought it if it was up a month or two earlier, the thread found itself buried in the depths of the for sale section and also in my mind.

gosh that's a nice coloured cb7 & darn that damage looks pretty serious :/ "compared to my cb7's damages"
    Good luck with the rebuild will be ,I'll stick around this thread !

Member Array
    Car:
    Thankyou =) yeah it is a nice coloured cb7. I'll try and do another update tonight or tomorrow. What damage did your cb7 take?
    Last edited by Michael_1882; 15-07-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & Liberty
    nice! hope to see this car back up and running soon!! look luck with it and looking forward to updates!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    So the next part happened about 6 weeks ago. I decided to do something with it. I found the old thread on ozhonda and dropped the price hoping for a quick sale. Either that or i would start to part it out, make about $500 then stick a 9" through it and scrap the rest. I'm glad it didn't' come to that, i don't' think i could have cut her up. It's strange how these old cb7's grow on you =P

Once again i had some initial interested but it all sort of fell through. When it didn't' look like it was going to sell i thought i have uni break coming up... i may go and have a good look at it again.

So i decided to strip it back some more to fully asses the damage.

Radiator and aircon cooler removed

Side view =/

And finally... =P

I felt nostalgic towards this car... and working on her made me think... i should really fix you up. It was at that point i thought, F$*k IT! If i can find the parts cheap enough I'll fix it.

You may call it a coincidence, i call it fate =P LOL i found a cb7 at a damage car auction. Now what are the odds of finding of finding a 17year old car, in your same state, and with rear end damage... LOL

Then to top a weird day off, i get a msg from a member saying they wish to buy the car! LOL =P I had the thread up there for 2 years then with the price dropped for 3-4 weeks and i finally found a buyer. It was really bizarre, i explained if he was about 12hours earlier the car would be his. However i think i've decided to fix her up.

Stay tuned fokes, the next update will be collecting the prostitute car!

Oh and i'll be starting a new "wrecking thread" in the coming days, for the remainder of the wreck so if you know of anyone after CB7 parts let me know.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Hectic, hope every thing works out and by the way how much did you pick up the other cb7 for? im planning on looking for a wrecked cd5 aswell for spares.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    Good luck on the rebuild. Looks like you'll have it back on the road in no time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hectic it cost me a little more then i originally hoped to spend. Won it at auction for $500. Then there are fees for bidding online and not in personn plus the auction fee's. So all up it cost me $621. Had i bid quicker and got the bid in at $400 before the other person, i know i would have won it at that price. Not sure if you have ever watched pickels auctions but the cars go really quick. I'd check out their web page for upcoming auctions to see if there are any cd5's.

Stocky your correct. Things have move quickly I'm behind in my updates, but today was a good day =P

Member Array
    Car:
    Picking up the whore car was a... unique experience. Apparently these damage car auctions happen every Wednesday and Friday. It was an insurance company auction so there were some good undamaged cars that where stolen and recovered. I saw a 32 GTR go for 8k =P

I just realised i haven't got pictures of the damaged parts in this set of photos. They will be coming in future updates.

This is how they move the cars around, damaged or not =P

This is when i opened the door and found out it was the exact same paint colour! SWEET!

And this is when i got closer and realised the paintwork on the bits i wanted wasn't as good as i had hoped.

Made it back with the car still on the trailer. BONUS! =)

Bit disappointed in the condition of the front bar and bonnet. But then again i need to remind myself not to be picky. The chances of finding a 17 year old car at auction in my state, with rear end damage only was slim. I would have bought this car if it was white. I just know if the bonnet and front bar was in better condition, then after the repair is finished the car would have look the same if not better then it was originally before the crash.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Ouch man, I recently did the same thing, except I rammed into my friends bull bar going about 40kms. Lucky for me I had only sprung the power steering line, smashed the air con unit and the radiator and totally wrecked my front bumper. All fixable though.

Good luck fixing yours!

Member Array
    Car:
    Photos of the damage on the wreck. I'm going to start a new thread to part this car out, if anyone is interested in parts let me know. This car is in pretty good conditions apart from the rear corner Unfortunately the cosmetic bits i wanted (bonnet, front bar) where the panels in the worst condition.

Surprisingly the boot has been hardly been damaged

Rear bar was missing when i picked the car up

Apparently the previous owner likes home brand salted peanuts =P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Hey You should keep the cd5 wheels cause it looks good on a cb7 accord