Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile EG B18C quarter mile times

hey guys,

i just want to know what times u have done with ure eg b18c's down the 1/4 mile.

ben has done a 13.7 pass on his eg b18c7, stock motor, full interior
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    ben has done a 13.7 pass on his eg b18c7, stock motor, full interior
    A 13.7 @ 103mph 2.2 60ft and proper street tyres.
    Room left for improvement - but egs with b18c rs are quite quick.

not bad

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    My black egg did a 13.78 @100mph (ish) in the previous owner's hands - not sure what tyres. That was at WSID. I have since been to W'bank twice and cut 14.02 on slow 2.3 60ft and worn tyres. Suspension would bring it down to a mid to high 13 no worries as traction off the line is more about limiting axle-tramp than outright grip levels. As you can see from my sig, I did a 1min 14 sec lap at WP on my first (and only so far) trip on a 33 degree steamer. We could only really go out, do a slow warm-up lap and then try to put in one fast on. Full street tyres too. Car prob has a 1:10 or 1:11 in it on a cool day with semi's - if I can get my lines right for a whole lap!!! My car is a vti, too so up to 100kg heavier than other eg civics at 1040kg without me!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

what would be needed for a eg b18c to run a 12??? its not impossible but alot of $$$$$ needed i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvtec View Post
    what would be needed for a eg b18c to run a 12??? its not impossible but alot of $$$$$ needed i guess.
    work , plus slicks and you'll see it hit 12's. EGs are light.

Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post
    My car is a vti, too so up to 100kg heavier than other eg civics at 1040kg without me!
    My EG ran same time/s (13.7) but at a touch higher MPH (103) - it is a vti too with sunroof. But i have removed PS + AC and sound deadening - full interior otherwise tho. I weighed in at 980kg without driver , 1/3 tank of fuel. Surely you can drop that weight down ! The sunroof isnt as heavy as you think - i would imagine 15kg or so difference between this and a Si or gli for example

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Interesting! I do know that a Breeze EG weighed 935kg (ish), but the old 1.3 would be lighter than a B series. I'd love to drop 60kg out of the car! I'm off to a hillclimb next w/e in Grafton, NSW... Not sure where the big diff is from breeze to vti but it's 100kg! Must be mostly drivetrain related but still, with a B18CR engine it's hard to negate that! I'm not going to chase it too hard as I still have two little tackers who come with Dad a couple of times a week in their bumper seats. Carpet? Rear Seat? Lower hatch? I'd love to drop that 5% in weight! Would like to then be able to put the pieces back together in less than an hour or two! I could take the doors off!!!

EG on slicks would need traction bars or professionally configured coilover sussie to get power to ground from the start. I have tried M/T street slicks which made my car slower, harder off the mark and put more pressure on shafts, clutch etc. Only do it if you have $$$ and love no's!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

best of luck mate sounds like a good project to continue with
    My only advice is what ive seen ( never used slicks on the track ) - is burnout to warm up and launch hard with slicks. You might break something but you will def. break 60ft times and 1/4 mile times !

LOL i eventually wanna get into the 12's

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting car
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvtec View Post
    better driver