Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Springs rates for stock DC5R

Hey guys...

Would anyone happen to know the springs rate for stock dc5r? I've searched high and low, yet i still can't find the answer.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony38 View Post
    Hey guys...

Would anyone happen to know the springs rate for stock dc5r? I've searched high and low, yet i still can't find the answer.

Cheers
    2.8 ~ 4.6 / 3.0 ~ 8.0kgf/mm
    http://www.itr-dc5.com/spec/index.php

Stock RSX: Spring Rate: (279 Front/458 Rear)
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=205738
    multiply by 0.0179 for kg/mm measurements.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

[QUOTE=mocchi;2798906]2.8 ~ 4.6 / 3.0 ~ 8.0kgf/mm

Thanks for the quick reply.

umm...if you don't mind me asking. How come there is such a spread? IE 2.8 - 4.8?

Also, how long do spring usually last for? I read somewhere ages ago that springs last way over 200,000kms. I suspect my shocks are on the way out so I considering whether to do spring/shock combo or just find replace the shocks.

Ooops Just another question.

Does the JDM version have different spring rates to the Australian version?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    [QUOTE=Anthony38;2798911]
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    2.8 ~ 4.6 / 3.0 ~ 8.0kgf/mm

Thanks for the quick reply.

umm...if you don't mind me asking. How come there is such a spread? IE 2.8 - 4.8?

Also, how long do spring usually last for? I read somewhere ages ago that springs last way over 200,000kms. I suspect my shocks are on the way out so I considering whether to do spring/shock combo or just find replace the shocks.

since i dont have a dc5r, im guess the variance in spring rate is because it's a progressive spring.
    and i dont think springs can go bad per say. they might break but i guess that would be after 500,000kms maybe.

im not quite sure whether jdm has different spring rates. my guess is that they most likely have better (firmer) spring rates.
    my guess is based on the fact that there are so many better components in the JDM version. (compression rate, brakes, muffler, header, suspension arms, etc).
    Last edited by mocchi; 15-07-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

hey reading from the info the first link is for JDM dc5r and the second one says stock RSX so im assuming it would be same as AUDM dc5r???

Sigh! Certainly makes it difficult aye. There are so my different models for the DC5 shape. RSX base, RSX type-s, JDM Type R and the AUDM type R.

I have to find out what the springs rates for the Australian version of course in order to determine what kind of shocks I am after.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    I've read somewhere from Honda Aust. we have a different spring/damper rates to accompany our 16" wheels/tyres and their suspension are tuned to accompany 17"....feel free to correct me though, im not 100% sure
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S

Also, how long do spring usually last for? I read somewhere ages ago that springs last way over 200,000kms. I suspect my shocks are on the way out so I considering whether to do spring/shock combo or just find replace the shocks.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

since i dont have a dc5r, im guess the variance in spring rate is because it's a progressive spring.
    and i dont think springs can go bad per say. they might break but i guess that would be after 500,000kms maybe.

im not quite sure whether jdm has different spring rates. my guess is that they most likely have better (firmer) spring rates.
    my guess is based on the fact that there are so many better components in the JDM version. (compression rate, brakes, muffler, header, suspension arms, etc).
    Yep, because they are progressive

Sigh! Certainly makes it difficult aye. There are so my different models for the DC5 shape. RSX base, RSX type-s, JDM Type R and the AUDM type R.

I have to find out what the springs rates for the Australian version of course in order to determine what kind of shocks I am after.
    What is your desired result from changing your factory suspension set up?

What is your desired result from changing your factory suspension set up?[/QUOTE]

At the moment I am running the stock setup which I am happy with. Ideally, I just want to replace my shocks that are close/identical to the specification to have the same ride and comfort.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    At the moment I am running the stock setup which I am happy with. Ideally, I just want to replace my shocks that are close/identical to the specification to have the same ride and comfort.
    LOL!!!! if you're happy with the stock, why replace your shocks that are close/identical to have the same result?
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    LOL!!!! if you're happy with the stock, why replace your shocks that are close/identical to have the same result?
    Maybe his OEM shocks/strut are worn out or damaged in some way?...
    or he wants to lower his car a bit without changing the feel too much.

If that's the case definately steer away from any coilover. Any well pre-made dampener and spring combination (coilover) will have handling as a goal rather than ride comfort, so they will be stiffer than you want.

Probably just get another set of DC5R/S sussy if yours are stuffed...and if they arent, and you want better handling, understand its going to be hard to make your car handle better with identical to stock feel..