Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @ Lowiez: "But my bet is that either one would fit either car as suspension on all DC5 are interchangable" <----------- DC5 Type-R, DC5 Base model, DC5 Type-S are interchangeable?, are you trying to be funny?

Pretty bold statement there....LOL.

Better yet, ask why Honda refined the suspension setup on the Type-S in Aust
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Why such a bold statement? If you purchase aftermarket suspension to suit a DC5 it will fit any car, Base, Type-S, Type-R from any year 2001 to 2006. Of course, who would put base suspension in a type-R? no one, but it would fit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    EVLGTR it appears that your argument is over how the spring is wound! Get over it...most of us would agree that the basic understanding of "Suspension geometry" is in short the general design and fitment of the suspension. We can argue on a technical basis that one have smaller valving blah blah blah.........but what does it prove?

Why did honda refine suspension setup on TypeS? Why did honda bring the FN2R to Australia?

Anyway, question answered by mocchi in the second post!

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Nepolian: lol, spring differences is just one of a few more components buddy. Yeah i thought that most of you would agree on the basic understanding of the design so perhaps next time you get an oem replacement of your DC5R suspension you'll just chuck in any DC5 suspension for the heck of it. LOL.

"Why did honda bring the FN2R to Australia?" <-------go ask Honda Aust. coz thats out of topic.

ps.im not arguing here,LOL, i just made a comment now 2 or 3 people are blasting me, I think you guys are hilarious.

@Nighthawk_S: adding to what you said, i'd like to see you put a DC5R suspension on your TypeS and see how it feels, lol, you probably wouldnt do it too.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    @Nepolian"Why did honda bring the FN2R to Australia?" <-------go ask Honda Aust. coz thats out of topic.

ps.im not arguing here,LOL, i just made a comment now 2 or 3 people are blasting me, I think you guys are hilarious.
    LOLWUT...??

Original question....

"Hey guys...

Would anyone happen to know the springs rate for stock dc5r? I've searched high and low, yet i still can't find the answer.

Cheers
    "

Anyway...peace out!

I think this thread has run it course!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Ok wow...what are you turning this thread into.

Firstly:

@Nighthawk_S: You're car is a DC5S i assume and Anthony's is a DC5R and recommending a Mugen SS...wouldnt both of your cars have different spring and damper rates, height, overall geometry setup and mounting points on a DC5S and R chassis ?
    Hmmm, im surprise how much you know your Type-S, is that your car on your profile pic?, an 05 DC5S?. LoL.....have you had a look at the front suspension specs of the upgraded 05 Type-S compared to the 02-04 Type-R in Australia. Geometry setup isnt the same buddy, Type-S has a symmetrically-wound springs.
    You seem to have an idea that OEM spring rates will affect the fitment of aftermarket suspension. How is this logical? tell me...what suspension component do spring rates affect. (answer is the springs),

Q: when you change to a aftermarket coilover setup like mugen SS what do you change?
    A: strut and springs
    = OEM spring rates 'symmetrically wound up' completely irrelavant
    springs are completely changed. so why would the OEM spring rates affect the fitment of aftermarket ones

OEM spring rates are relavant in choosing aftermarket suspension parts as a basis of whether you will make your car stiffer or more forgiving (so essentially relavant to your overall goal of changing suspension). That's completely different to fitment

@Lowiez: LOL! i dont know you're definition of "geometry" but last time i checked it takes areas, volume, length, size, positioning and shape into account

Volume = the spring/damper rates are increased on the S, thickness of struts..etc
    Lenght = S is 7mm lower in ride height
    Area and size = very similar
    Positioning = the front strut bar, which is part of the setup has more mounting points to an R
    Shape = symmetrically wounded springs on S

Heres a question: Would you replace your stock front suspension setup on your Type-S to a Audm Type-R and tell me you wont feel any difference?

...all these are just small differences from an R to an S?.. LOL. Good on you for standing by on what you have to say, end of the day it is your opinion

Hope that helps you understand a bit more of what i meant.
    That's an outrageous statement. What about geometry as a university subject or even a school one. It is based on the location of countries on earth.
    Of course the definition can be stretched out of its own mind and it can cover volume length ect ect but we're talking about suspension geometry, how would any sort of reasonable comparason be made between suspension geometry if you had to talk about the individual attributes to every component. If that was the case you have missed so many aspects of shape, positioning, area, size, length, volume. You've named springs, and if this defined suspension geometry you've missed ATLEAST:

- bushings between the strut and dampener
    -bushings in the guide assembly
    - camber arms
    - tie rods
    - tie rod ends
    - lower camber arm
    - trailing arm
    - lower trailing arm
    - hub
    - size of the bolts on the hub

And seriously the list goes on. Do you see how it is both stupid and not humanly possible to include every measurement in the definition of suspension geometry. What you're talking about is the aspects of springs and if you really wanted to chuck in the word geometry...spring geometry???

Heres a question: Would you replace your stock front suspension setup on your Type-S to a Audm Type-R and tell me you wont feel any difference?

...all these are just small differences from an R to an S?.. LOL. Good on you for standing by on what you have to say, end of the day it is your opinion
    Looked up probably what is the main source of this information.

Wikipedia DC5 article

Halfway down. Extract =
    "Changes from 2004 to 2005"

# Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
    # Ride height reduced by 7 mm (0.3 in)
    # Optimized damper and spring settings
    # Firmer stabilizer bars (front and rear for Type-S, front for RSX)
    # Bushings at suspension installation points were optimized
    # Inversely wound front coil springs
    # Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
    Besides the 7mm (tiny) difference in ride height, what other measurements does it give you. The list you look at is probably form some honda pamplet based on a small change in the suspension settings advertised as a non-measureable change in performance

To answer your question if i was to go back to stock:
    a) I have my stock suspension and would put that in
    b) if i didnt have it, i would be on the market for good condition OEM shocks/strut regardless of type-R/S

= because the differences between the two are so minimal you wouldnt notice unless you were chasing a split second at a track, and then even maybe. If you were to change from R to S with the mindset of a handling difference you might as well throw the following concepts out the window =
    - value for money
    - noticeable gains
    - real performance
    - logical thinking

@ Lowiez: "But my bet is that either one would fit either car as suspension on all DC5 are interchangable" <----------- DC5 Type-R, DC5 Base model, DC5 Type-S are interchangeable?, are you trying to be funny?

Pretty bold statement there....LOL.

Better yet, ask why Honda refined the suspension setup on the Type-S in Aust
    Why is it bold. That's exactly what im saying..we're not comparing a DC5 and a DC2. We are comparing the same chassis/make car accross different models of varying trims and performance. Different engine blocks do not change the design of the chassis for a car. If I drop a k20Z into a base model will the top mounting points for the front coilovers hop on a magic carpet and glide accross to the front of the engine bay?

@Nepolian: lol, spring differences is just one of a few more components buddy. Yeah i thought that most of you would agree on the basic understanding of the design so perhaps next time you get an oem replacement of your DC5R suspension you'll just chuck in any DC5 suspension for the heck of it. LOL.

"Why did honda bring the FN2R to Australia?" <-------go ask Honda Aust. coz thats out of topic.

@Nighthawk_S: adding to what you said, i'd like to see you put a DC5R suspension on your TypeS and see how it feels, lol, you probably wouldnt do it too.
    It's good that you're now calling springs suspension components and not suspension geometry. Big difference, how can it mean the same thing

And no, not any DC5 suspension. Just Type-R and Type-S, base model is quite different. Fitment would be exactly the same, but it would be noticeably worse.
    Unlike DC5R/S which are very similar despite dr.wiki saying otherwise

I'm not arguing either...to be honest just correcting. I know you only made a comment but what use is incorrect information on someones thread that they might read and believe..

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    LOLWUT...??

Original question....

"Hey guys...

Would anyone happen to know the springs rate for stock dc5r? I've searched high and low, yet i still can't find the answer.

Cheers
    "

Anyway...peace out!

I think this thread has run it course!
    It has gone on a pretty far stretch from the original question. But OP also stated on the bottom of the first page that he was after something similar to stock, which lead to Nighthawk_S suggesting mugen SS and the following is validation of his suggestion towards the OPs situation lol

Just an update...I went to pedders in Mascot to get a 28 point safety check as I was unsure if my shocks were rooted. They gave this insane quote stating my shocks are pretty much gone. total cost: $4047 There are other repairs they suggested to do. Sway bars bushes, upper and lower bushes for both front and the rear.

if they really do need replacing, http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/ENS-16-18111G.html

is this what I am after? Pedders quoted me $495 for the lower bushes which I believe is outrageous!

Its really hard to come by replacement shocks made by aftermarket brands. I think my only options is source it 2nd or take the coilover route.
    Last edited by Anthony38; 20-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    I go to the pedders in mascot for my suspension work when I need a hoist..
    Chances are if (Mark or Jamie) want to replace those things it would be reasonable to say they need or will soon need replacing, they know what they are doing.
    That being said you pay a premium for a premium service, and they are f-ing expensive

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    How may K's on your car out of interest?

I have traveled about 125,000kms now. So it probably right the shocks needs to be replaced.

How about bushes? Aren't the rubber items to join up linkages around the suspension?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Hmm catching onto to your thread, I have sort of a similar dilemma. I replaced my front springs with stock ones a weekend ago, but on inspection of the parts most of the rubber was worn, I was told the part I should be looking at is called "suspension mounting cushion". However when inquiring with Honda for OEM stuff they said I have to replace the whole strut assembly which was like 150 per wheel and they had to be shipped from over east or Japan. I will have to get it replaced eventually cause there is a creaking sound when I make hard turns. So to your question there is rubber to help stop things from pushing up against each other but the sad fact is that to replace it you are most likely going to have to replace the whole assembly. Unless you can source the part from a wrecker like I'm doing atm, still no luck though...