Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

odd power steering sound..

lately i have notice when manuvring the car at very low speed like tight angle parking where the steering can go lock to lock, there is very faint squeaking from the steering wheel, 40k service soon so will get it check out, but anyone come across this before? i've checked the power steering fluid and its full.
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    sorry i dont know what it is but mine and a freinds with roughly the same km's as yours makes the exact same noise your talking about

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    rare case scenario but might be a leak in your hose?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've noticed the same thing - Comming from the steering wheel. 06 euro. You need to turn the stero off to hear it though.

Anybody know a fix or what it is?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTI 2007
    the power steering rack is leaking perhaps..?? but it's good knowing no draining on power steering fluid..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    i have an awfully similar sound coming from mine atm.. its almost like a deep whine? i guess.. hard to describe..
    i had a hole in a high pressure power steering hose about 6 months ago.. fingers crossed its not the same thing again.. or your not having the same problem as it set me back a good $400...
    good luck mate..

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    lately i have notice when manuvring the car at very low speed like tight angle parking where the steering can go lock to lock, there is very faint squeaking from the steering wheel, 40k service soon so will get it check out, but anyone come across this before? i've checked the power steering fluid and its full.
    I have the exact same squeaking sound when steering at low speed, keep us updated!
    08 Blk/Blk Accord Euro Luxury CL9 6MT / Full Silver Panel Trim / Full Modulo Kit / Sports Grill.

For Sale: Accord Euro CL9 03-05 Front Euro-R Badge

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    common problem. would be something related to the steering rack or power steering hosing somewhere. hope ur car is under warranty still. if not, ask for a repair under goodwill.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Squeeking is steering rack (mine squeaks too). Not sure how to fix it. Probably needs regreasing.
    Whirring is power steering pump (hope it is not faulty).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    ^ yeh that might be right

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've got a Honda dealer service in around 3 weeks I've noticed mine only squeaks at low speed too. It start's and stops when turning fast or slow.

Will get Honda to check it the squeek - Should be covered on the extended warranty.

Will report back.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    came back from my 40k service today, told them about the odd power steering noise. they suspect that it is because of the aftermarket wheels, larger wheels are straining the power steering.. he told me to put on my oem wheels and see if the noise persist.. well i've sold my wheels, so can't do sht.. so anyone here with the oem wheels making the sound?
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------