How to clean wheel speed sensor?

Hi guys,

I did a search but wasn't able to find anything.

I've got a problem with my ABS. Error code 14 - Short circuit left hand front wheel sensor.

I got mechanic to clear the code, I drove off, and discovered that afterwards, my ABS would kick in at times that I dont do hard braking (Approaching a round about, hitting a small bump on the road while braking). 20 Minutes driving on, the ABS light kicks in again and ABS system shuts down . Mechanic reckons the sensor needs to be replaced, but..

Before deciding on replacing the sensor (Honda quote $265 for the part), I would like to inspect the sensor beforehand.

I'm aware there are two things you can do with the wheel speed sensor, check the resistance of the wiring and cleaning the sensor.

I drive a 2005 EU Honda Civic hatch, can anybody help me out with how to get to the sensor and clean/check it?

Cheers,
    Clem.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    follow the wires back to the connector, unplug the connector and measure its resistance.

check the wire for damage.