Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda

urethane engine mounts

Hi All

I have had a search and not found exactly what Iam after, I want urethane engine mounts for my B16a2, hasport obviously have them but they are quite expensive, was hoping someone would know a company, melbourne based if possible who can cast/supply any shape for any use out of urethane? I have heard they exist but cant find any.

Unless there is another company that produces urethane engine mounts?

Any help appreciated
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Fill the gaps of the engine mount with heavy duty sikaflex. Or liquid steel.

It will give you the effect of a solid mount. Though not as solid.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    why not try innovative mounts?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    You thinking of inserts? JDMyard might have them, otherwise EBAY is your friend!

i have energy racing suspension inserts for B series. they minimise wheel hop (if any now), and u get nice vibrations throughout the cabin. the inserts only fill in the three lower torque mounts , not the two you can see from the top of the engine bay.

find them on ebay.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Version 7 STi
    What are you purposes for using solid mounts? if you want to minimise the motor rotating or moving under power then an engine damper will do just as much

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    There's a fine line between 'nice vibrations' and too much.The consistency/grade of the urethane is the tricky part.There are numerous threads on d-series.org about the mixing of materials,how much to mix to get the best grade of urethane,not easy.

I would use energy suspension inserts on say 2 mounts,then see how it is,maybe add a torque damper,and if still not enough for ya,add the inserts to the other mounts.

The rear mount is sensitive.Many have put in an insert and taken it out again because of too much vibration.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    How handy are you with your hands?

If you are, find the local supplier of devcon products, buy the two part urethane kit in 80A hardness, remove your engine mounts, clean the crap out of them, mask up one side extremely well so nothing can leak out, follow the instructions for the urethane and pour it in, allow it to set for a few days and you have your own "solid" engine mounts. I did this in my first car and it works amazing. Cost me $80 or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    i have energy racing suspension inserts for B series. they minimise wheel hop (if any now), and u get nice vibrations throughout the cabin. the inserts only fill in the three lower torque mounts , not the two you can see from the top of the engine bay.

find them on ebay.
    You can get those 2 i got them also
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ Me too + engine torque damper and it's perfect for me.So the top 2 are stock.

The trick with doing ya own is the hardness,what is good for one isn't for another.

Read the old threads on d-series.org and the likes and try to get a feel for what U want first.
    Last edited by beeza; 20-07-2010 at 01:53 PM.

I got mine done because the rear mount bush was broken clean and i was putting new ones in - wanted to decrease the rate of wear and tear of the new ones.

when i bought my half cut from jap it came with some crazy solid engine mounts, i put them into my eg and i get alot of vibration, its quite annoying.

but also feels like a track car LOL i dont know if thats good or bad