Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    By the way, sorry for stealing your theard, The information on my insurance policy writtent hat
    MAKE: Honda
    MODEL: Civic VTI-L
    MY10

BUT Actually my car is MY09, i asked to change the information several time bit the agent told me it is ok, no worry about it.
    Should i request them to change details of my vehicle according to what i have? or just being naive and happy with what Insurance agent told me to ok.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymoon View Post
    By the way, sorry for stealing your theard, The information on my insurance policy writtent hat
    MAKE: Honda
    MODEL: Civic VTI-L
    MY10

BUT Actually my car is MY09, i asked to change the information several time bit the agent told me it is ok, no worry about it.
    Should i request them to change details of my vehicle according to what i have? or just being naive and happy with what Insurance agent told me to ok.

Thanks
    You should probably change it, tell the consultant that you don't care if it's okay or not you want it changed to the proper make and model, the calls are recorded anyway so if they do try and screw you tell them to pull the recording, take down the name of the consultant as well, if for some reason they still don't want to change it, push for a manager.
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

what if the tinting is already too dark when u get the car?

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 VTi-R
    get it changed unless your car is pre 1994' before the this law came into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    how would they know if you got it done darker then legal unless you tell them..???
    but they may be dodgy and refuse a claim if you do have it....
    Aside from the already mentioned issue of your car being assessed if you make a claim, they'd also be within their rights to deny your claim because you've failed in your duty of disclosure to them.

As a condition of your insurance, you're obliged to disclose to your insurer, all material facts and issues that might affect their decision to insure you or that might increase your risk as an insured. It would be a safe bet that an illegal tint would be a fact that you're obliged to disclose.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    You should probably change it, tell the consultant that you don't care if it's okay or not you want it changed to the proper make and model, the calls are recorded anyway so if they do try and screw you tell them to pull the recording, take down the name of the consultant as well, if for some reason they still don't want to change it, push for a manager.
    Thanks so much, I am going to do it right away with your advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_scriber View Post
    Aside from the already mentioned issue of your car being assessed if you make a claim, they'd also be within their rights to deny your claim because you've failed in your duty of disclosure to them.

As a condition of your insurance, you're obliged to disclose to your insurer, all material facts and issues that might affect their decision to insure you or that might increase your risk as an insured. It would be a safe bet that an illegal tint would be a fact that you're obliged to disclose.
    Yup, in economics study we called it Signalling and Screening, which are both parties have duties to disclose the informations . I even had to update everything from a tiny mod to whatever i did to my car: tinting, streo system, rims, paint protection, parking at night blah blah. I learnt all the mistakes from my friends when he applied for a claim few months ago. I just can not believe how the accessor do their jobs. Even the consultant keep saying ok blah blah ...