Member Array
    Car:
    DC5

DC5 2005 shocks/springs in 2002 model

Hey guys, I've discovered come conflicting statements around the place, was hoping to learn once and for all if DC5 (2005) skunk2 springs will fit in a 2002 model.

Skunk2 seem to have a different model code for 2002-04 models and 2005+

This seems strange though I would have though it woule be comapatiable

Other question is if I replace the shocks AND the skunk2 springs from a 2005 DC5s into a 2002 DC5 base if it would work. Has anyone had experience with this???

Cheers,
    mike

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Yes, as posted in another thread going on at the moment, the springs are different between 02-04 and 05-06 models. 05-06 front springs are inversley wound (mirror image of each other), and 7mm lower in ride height. If only replacing springs, you need the ones appropriate for your year model.

Also, if using lowering springs with stock shocks, the shocks will wear out rapidly and the ride will be pretty poor.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    No. The springs from the Facelift Models (05-06) wont fit the Prefacelift Models (02-04) and vice versa, as the springs are wound in the opposite direction.
    You can however, swap both the shock & springs from a Facelift Model into a Prefacelift, and vice versa.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Ok sweet, might get myself a springs/shocks package.. apparently skunk2 springs are quite well matched to stock springs compared to other brands.. and when the time comes for new shocks so be it...

PS. are 02-04 and 05+ skunk2 springs the same height? I'd imagine so

Cheers