Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5

DC5 Injen SRI.. where c an I pickup in Sydney?

As title says I wana to go out and pickup a short ram intake for my integra TODAY

JDMyard only have CAI unfortunately.. Does anyone know who stocks them??

CHeers,
    mike

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    The CAI is proven to yield better results.
    However if you're after the SRI version. ebay US.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    yeah what r3ckless said ebay it but i don't know anybody with an injen SRI before
    get a CAI if u can

I know someone with the SRI... Gains are proven but also heat soak is proven to... at least you dont run the risk of hydrolock

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjumbo View Post
    As title says I wana to go out and pickup a short ram intake for my integra TODAY

JDMyard only have CAI unfortunately.. Does anyone know who stocks them??

CHeers,
    mike
    Not really too unfortunate lol.
    CAI will work better because it has gains above stock, cant always be said for SRI.
    if you're scared of hydro-lock (which IMO is an exaggerated risk) go for a GruppeM rather than a SRI
    Plenty of threads regarding SRI vs stock available at a click of the search button

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    what brands of sri are available for the dc5r? i have an SRI in my teg but i have nfi what brand it is
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    injen sri looks like a nice piece of kit.. practical aswell... wouldn't it be a pain in the ass with cai every time you have to clean and oil the pod? plus i don't think heatsoak will ever cause any noticable effects.. my 180 had a pod just sitting there in the engine bay and i never notices any negative effects.. only positive

i can see injen sri for round $300 delivered, i'd just love to pick one up though so i can install it straight away

ps. read in some post this dude did all this testing and short ram was still cooler than the stock airbox anyway.. so still seems like an upgrade nonetheless.. i think it looks awsome.. listened to youtube vids for the sound aswell.. mmmmmmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    SR20DET SRI position:

K series SRI position:

Big difference. The talk about SRI's being a futile design for DC5/2 is both relavant and restricted the the design of SRI for DC5/2, you probably got gains from your 180SX SRI because it is alot further away, which makes sense.

Here the end of the intake tube and filter sits virtually right next to the back of the engine where the headers are. If you've touched the exhaust manifold even after 30 seconds of the car being turned on you'll understand it gets f-ing hot back there

I have no doubts that SRI will sound nice, I have heard it in person on a stock DC5R.
    It really is alot louder in the VTEC crossover, but this is misleading in terms of if you think its doing much more than sounding good.
    It is true that a dyno run could possibly show that it has a gain above stock (INITIALLY), but say if you did 10 one after the other. Every single one would read a lower and lower reading until you diped below what you started with. Obviously this is because of the engine bay heating up with work.

The effects of heatsoak on a k20 are very real despite what some would say
    Seeing for yourself is a good thing... but if you want to save money a good way of confirming CAI > SRI is to see what the big builds are running.
    ie The yellow line above this post, the civic that won FWD superlap (CAI)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    True that ^^

THe SRI will be alot loduer at vtec when comapred to a CAI... Shorter tube. However liek Lowiezz said, it is very misleading... If your wanta SRI, might as well go customer, get some piping, throw on a pod. it'll be nice and loud . If you want an intake that'll give your an icnrease in power/response. Definately get the INJEN CAI. Yes the engine bay will look empty/shit... but how often do you open your bonnet.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Kingjumbo are you aiming for the tracks? if not, dont be pressured of CAI being superior to SRI. SRI on street use is fine.

ROFL @ someone who says heatsoak is an issue. Obviously he/she has been reading a lot of urban legends.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    @Kingjumbo are you aiming for the tracks? if not, dont be pressured of CAI being superior to SRI. SRI on street use is fine.

ROFL @ someone who says heatsoak is an issue. Obviously he/she has been reading a lot of urban legends.
    It is if the SRI is right next to the Exhaust headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post

*sigh*
    Don't tell me you're gonna contaminate this thread too

What would you recommend if OP said he wanted to go to the track then? Since SRI (such as apexi) is aimed at top end gains and injen CAI is aimed at more mid range shouldnt you suggest SRI for the track? Assuming it worked on a DC5.
    On the other hand if you do agree that CAI > SRI, I would like most people, prefer to pay $100-150 more for a product that will be superior in all aspects of performance for a DC5

rofl @ someone who ignores heatsoak issues specific to a DC5 engine bay layout and bases their assumptions that it isn't an issue from the fact that certain other cars work , so it will also work with a DC5. He/She must do more than assume a SRI will work effectively because it works on other cars and find out for themselves like I have or research it properly