Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Lowiez 1 - 0 EVLGTR
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Yeah, thankyou Lowiez for the good description, you shouldnt have to bash your head against a wall any longer.
    Not really any point now but i'll add that from my own experience, in a daily driven heavy traffic situation, I think think that an SRI is at its worst. It was in traffic that I saw the highest temps on my IAT gauge (up to 65degrees as I have said in that other thread). At least on a track/highway when you are moving rapidly you are getting some cooler air through the DC5 wheel arch hole into the engine bay to cool the SRI down somewhat (measured on the temp gauge also). Stock airbox is not better tho, its like an oven, heats up alot and likes to stay that way and there is less of the aformentioned cooling effect at speed.

IMO to avoid HEATSOAK which DOES EXIST GruppeM= CAI>SRI>Stock airbox

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Lowiez ROFL...Wow! some essay you wrote their. FIGJAM has pHD in intake induction now? ( i want to congratulate all you brown-nosing folks for your hero that is LOWIEZ.)

You're able to find your valid answer on a Miata?....LMAO...have a look at the positioning of the header and pod filter jackass and try compare that positioning to a DC5. Then it'll be a different answer.

Oh wait didnt i say to get an answer for an SRI pod on Street driven DC5?....not a Miata buddy, the engine bay configuration is clearly different. LOL!. Dumbass thinks he can get away with it.

....oh and LOL @ 2hp differences between a CAI and an SRI in that photo. Would that make lap times around shopping centre and home a bit quicker?.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    oh and Lowiez.....Whats with all the private personal hate messages you're sending me in the first place in my inbox??...hahahahah... sorry to have insulted your tree of knowledge but seems to me you're choking.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    @Lowiez ROFL...Wow! some essay you wrote their. FIGJAM has pHD in intake induction now? ( i want to congratulate all you brown-nosing folks for your hero that is LOWIEZ.)
    If that is apart of your response, you neither should be in a debate about a mechanical concept, and you should just grow the hell up.
    You asked for a proper answer, you got one

Q:
    Oh wait didnt i say to get an answer for an SRI pod on Street driven DC5?
    A: No, you did not
    @Lowiez as expected from a FIGJAM, you wouldnt have a single answer to your HEATSOAK theory.
    @Lowiez Do you have any evidence that HEATSOAK robs a a significant load of kW while street-driving?, Give me a legit answer to that.
    nuff said.

You're able to find your valid answer on a Miata?....LMAO...have a look at the positioning of the header and pod filter jackass and try compare that positioning to a DC5. Then it'll be a different answer.
    In case you didnt know what a pod and a header looks like which wouldnt suprise me, ive labelled it for you

K series SRI position:

Very similar in both pictures, pods are in a close proximity to the header. Do you think hot air travels for only 2cm or so then instantly transforms into cool/normal air? fool.

That study is very relavant. The positioning of the pods are both subject to heat from exhaust fumes travelling in the header.

Miata = 1.8 4CYL
    K20 = 2.0L 4 CYL
    Similar capacity too, so exhaust fumes at lower revs (which is what the study is focused on) will be similar due to engines of close capacity with similarity sized combustion chambers pumping out similiar levels of exhaust fumes when working. Dont believe me? research engine combustion.
    Note: just saying the engine blocks are different is not relavant to what i just said, ill save you the time writing that tell you now thats not a valid arguement[, cause I bet thats the first thing that came to your head

so..um...bud,
    Wrong again

despute that, and contradict yourself idiot:
    NEXT to the headers YES!, from what i see in that photo of DC5 is it NEXT to the headers?? LMAO!!!

....oh and LOL @ 2hp differences between a CAI and an SRI in that photo. Would that make lap times around shopping centre and home a bit quicker?.
    You clearly didn't understand what was written in the article or my summary. either that or you thought you could provide a response to it that would make sense without reading it.

- The 2hp is a 2% loss in power from 30 seconds of the engine ignition being turned on
    - further loss is 1% every 4-10 degree increase
    - 4 degree increase intervals can be achieved from normal driving every 30 seconds

This is the last time I will try and get you to understand something. You are clearly so thick and stubborn you have to result to personal insult to think in your head that you're right.
    If you're going to argue a certain point, back it up. All you're doing is guessing and making things up so you think you know anything and everything

ps. umm personal hate messages? not sure why you would tell people about you threatening my car over PMs but whatever LOL
    Last edited by Lowiez; 27-07-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    and -1 rep

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Lowiez 2 - 0 EVLGTR
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Lowiez you're posts are becoming more irrelevant to this original thread LOL.... Do you even have a CAI in your Type-S??...does anyone here using a CAI in their DC5, that id like to see a picture and results...RESULTS..not some theory as what Lowiez is all about. Jackass. Lets take this out to a new thread shall we

You need an eye check with your own image post mate coz from what i see the DC5 header isnt NEXT to the Pod Filter

@SpoonS why are you being such a brown-noser? Hahahah what does 2-0 mean?.... didnt you say you were using an SRI for 3 yrs and had no problems with it?. Fool.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 27-07-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    @SpoonS why are you being such a brown-noser? Hahahah what does 2-0 mean?.... didnt you say you were using an SRI for 3 yrs and had no problems with it?. Fool.
    because he makes more sense then you do.

I don't see why your even arguing. Yes i did use a SRI for 3 years, but i was in WA where it is legal, and in NSW it is illegal to have an open pod, so i switched to a CAI. If you don't believe me and want a picture of it, here you go :-

Do you yourself own a DC5? If you don't then you yourself are basing everything on a theory. So you can, but everyone else can't?
    You asked Lowiez for an "answer to this theory" and he gave it to you, and because he did, now your demanding something else? Why don't you show your results instead of demanding it from everyone else?

The OP was asking advise about a SRI, and we gave it to him.

PS your sig is very funny. Doubt your any good behind the wheel though.
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Lowiez "Miata and DC5 are very similar engine" <----------- Geez, this kid sounds delusional by the hour. LOL!!!!....

Since we've completely gone off the topic, i'll just wing it by asking you a question how you've come to this statement comparing a 1.8L Miata engine to a 2.0 K20A ??....care to tell every specs that are similar. You're the FOOL doing all these research and i suggest you start doing another LOL!!!....

You're a very strange character LOWIEZ, its funny how i just write simple comments here and you reply with all the pointless B.S. and expand everything to the point where you could relate the base topic "SRI where to pick one up"....into "Miata engine similarity of K20A" ROFL!!!!!....

I love your posts though, so much information seems like you're dedicating yourself and going all out psycho on wikipedia's, copy & pasting, extracting infos at carsguide.com.au etc.... Hahahahahah!!!!....your bum chum SpoonS right though, it is 2 - 0 for Lowiez i must say...tsk tsk tsk. Cant beat arguing a person out of a straight jacket which Lowiez reminds me that old bloke from "Ken Bruce's gone mad commercial"

@SpoonS I think you're funny as well by believing even these insignificant signatures i write, Its from a movie quote i got a long time ago, cant remember though. I like yours as well "Wakefield 1:09.91" <-----is that how long it takes to satisfy yourself? ROFL... Nice pic by the way, did you happen to stop by Google images and pick one up?? Can you take more of it, like you standing in front with your name and rego so i can REALLY believe what i see?, Jackass...
    PS. it is quiet funny but why do i bother with a pawn like you.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 27-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    @Lowiez "Miata and DC5 are very similar engine" <----------- Geez, this kid sounds delusional by the hour. LOL!!!!....

All you do is take things out of context and make things up in a hope people will think you arent a complete idiot. PLEASE outline below where I said the are a very similar engine, you even put it in quotations so i expect you to find a identical line.

Looks like you're the one that's delusional

Very similar in both pictures, pods are in a close proximity to the header. Do you think hot air travels for only 2cm or so then instantly transforms into cool/normal air? fool.

That study is very relavant. The positioning of the pods are both subject to heat from exhaust fumes travelling in the header.

Miata = 1.8 4CYL
    K20 = 2.0L 4 CYL
    Similar capacity too, so exhaust fumes at lower revs (which is what the study is focused on) will be similar due to engines of close capacity with similarity sized combustion chambers pumping out similiar levels of exhaust fumes when working. Dont believe me? research engine combustion.
    Note: just saying the engine blocks are different is not relavant to what i just said, ill save you the time writing that tell you now thats not a valid arguement[, cause I bet thats the first thing that came to your head
    You:
    Since we've completely gone off the topic, i'll just wing it by asking you a question how you've come to this statement comparing a 1.8L Miata engine to a 2.0 K20A ??....care to tell every specs that are similar. You're the FOOL doing all these research and i suggest you start doing another LOL!!!....
    read properly or don't reply, fool.

You're a very strange character LOWIEZ, its funny how i just write simple comments here and you reply with all the pointless B.S. and expand everything to the point where you could relate the base topic "SRI where to pick one up"....into "Miata engine similarity of K20A" ROFL!!!!!....
    I break your useless comments up because i respond to everything you say directly, instead of making up quotes and BS like yourself

I love your posts though, so much information seems like you're dedicating yourself and going all out psycho on wikipedia's, copy & pasting, extracting infos at carsguide.com.au etc.... Hahahahahah!!!!....your bum chum SpoonS right though, it is 2 - 0 for Lowiez i must say...tsk tsk tsk. Cant beat arguing a person out of a straight jacket which Lowiez reminds me that old bloke from "Ken Bruce's gone mad commercial"
    Carsguide...wiki...LOL. Not sure where you get your sources of information, but ill say it again read properly idiot there's no reference to wikipedia there

@SpoonS I think you're funny as well by believing even these insignificant signatures i write, Its from a movie quote i got a long time ago, cant remember though. I like yours as well "Wakefield 1:09.91" <-----is that how long it takes to satisfy yourself? ROFL... PS. it is quiet funny but why do i bother with a pawn like you.
    You're right, everything you say you should be classed as insignificant.

Your posts make no sense, are useless, are not properly backed by actual fact/knowledge, and all you do is fabricate information and try to throw in some personal stabs while you are at it.

GTFO!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    @Lowiez you're posts are becoming more irrelevant to this original thread LOL.... Do you even have a CAI in your Type-S??...does anyone here using a CAI in their DC5, that id like to see a picture and results...RESULTS..not some theory as what Lowiez is all about. Jackass. Lets take this out to a new thread shall we

Yep. I do.
    I/E/H
    Stock DC5R is ~100-105kw atw. Cause I know you wouldn't of known that

So yep...there is a definate gain. You must be really desperate mate if you are going into arguing about whether or a CAI has gains LOL

Mine arent becomming irrelavant, but yours definately are. Yours dont contain any information at all, mine do.

You need an eye check with your own image post mate coz from what i see the DC5 header isnt NEXT to the Pod Filter
    NEXT to the headers YES!, from what i see in that photo of DC5 is it NEXT to the headers?? LMAO!!!
    idiot