Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    tbh i cant imagine that the sss would be any quicker than ur car anyway. Power to weight would be very, very similar.
    Getting there...

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    yeahh i think the pulsar weighs around 1200 with roughly 105 kw.. my car weighs 1090 with roughly 98kw + i/h/e. i think i will be keeping my civic! although the sr20 may have more potential i dont know what problems it may bring up.. like some of the guys here said, atleast i know my car! but i still might take it for a test drive xD

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    98kw on a D16? I think the D16 was never released with more than 96kw at the fly. I/H/E won't really do anything to that power figure anyway.

The SR20 is twin cam, and if it's healthy will wax a D16 SOHC no worries.

But I prefer Hondas anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    ^^^ i actually disagree, when i had my 107kw DOHC B18B2 i found it slightly faster than SR20 SSS and was near identical in speed to a Vti EG. Ofcourse once modded, a bigger DOHC engine will have more potential.
    Getting there...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Interesting. My brother's B18B Integra runs good quality I/H/E and my EH VTi isn't really a match. Have never had a run with an SR20 though, but again I think it depends on engine health, driver etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    comparing B18 to Sr20 isnt really fair... Sr20 is pretty ancient tech compared to B18.... but for comparison sake, B20 vs SR20 should be more evenly matched..... to spruce the game even more, how about Sr16ve head on SR20 and B16/20 battle?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    comparing B18 to Sr20 isnt really fair... Sr20 is pretty ancient tech compared to B18.... but for comparison sake, B20 vs SR20 should be more evenly matched..... to spruce the game even more, how about Sr16ve head on SR20 and B16/20 battle?

For me I think it'd be hard to resist the novelty temptation of having an SR16VE mmmmmm

But B20VTEC who could refuse...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    both Frankenstein swaps are evenly matched, though i wouldnt really know which would be better, id still go for SR16/20 conversion, purely cause of turbo reliability and also rarity of it compared to B16/20

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 VTi Coupe
    rarity is a novelty thing, and could prove unreliable... could be better to stick with what u and everyone else knows...
    57U-00

Silver EJ8 Civic VTi Coupe - Still low - still slow!

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    SR20 are great engines
    but in terms of reliability CA18 wud be better